How do I add recent posts to the Home page with the latest totally changed X?

Theme.co has changed X once again.

There are no Recent Posts elements I can find to add to the homepage now.

I found the recent posts shortcodes page but there is no option to display excerpts.

How can I add recent posts with excerpts to the home page now?

This COMMON implementation would be useful:

[recent_posts count=“1” no_image=“true” orientation=“vertical” excerpt=“true” excerpt_words=“30” meta=“false”]

Theme.co is refreshing giving us the chance to wake up every few months and re-learn everything and run around fixing broken “classic” elements that worked yesterday–as if we installed a new theme.

Until Theme.co completes the theme development (or shares PHP code for us to add to our functions so that we can complete the theme development), here is a useful plugin I’m using:

Widget area elements have not yet been dropped in today’s version of X, so you need to create a new sidebar (they’re still supported for now also), and then add the above recent posts widget extended to the sidebar and enable that on your home page.

Hi There,

You can still use the element : classic recent posts.

Also I have tested your code : [recent_posts count="1" no_image="true" orientation="vertical" excerpt="true" excerpt_words="30" meta="false"] on a raw code element and it rendered just fine.

Please clarify the issue, if you believe your installation is working differently, please provide your admin credentials in a secure note.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.