How can I use an essential grid with a video instead of images?

I think pictures are dull and wonder if all grid can have short videos and look like animations? I am not using it as a lightbox, posts only.

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please check this doc on how to create an essential grid with video, check it here.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

I tried and seemed like I got the video working, but I am not able to have a link to the post? Can I show you?

Hello Jacob,

Does your post have videos on it? You will need to insert a video in your post or use a video in your custom grid. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

On the homepage, you will see the first grid that is not doing the same as others…like no hover effects with the title, button, and logo. Please let me know if you know why.

Hello Jacob,

When we login to your site, it asks for a verification code:

Please temporarily deactivate the verification so we can easily log in to your site.

Thanks.

Please try again, and this time should work. I disable the security

Hello Jacob,

I was able to log in finally. I check your homepage and I do not see any issues with your grid. There are hover and effects on each grid item. I am seeing this:

Can you please elaborate? Thanks.

Ok, what I am trying to do is that I am testing to see if the video in the first grid works. Then I realized that the hover effects wouldn’t work as other grids. I want the first grid to show the tile button and the logo, just like the photoshop grid. If this one video grid got solved, then the grid will make it looks like being alive (a picture with the video in the background. I will make that with the after effect). I am just making it more basic to see if that works to have the video grid have the hover buttons just like others.

And please refresh the site. I just add something. My bad.

Hello Jacob,

Yes, that would be the case because you cannot access the video controls if there is some hover effects.

Hope this helps.

Try to refresh the browser.

Ok, I think that I am not clear of what I am saying. Right now, I’m not talking about the idea of having the control panel to play/pause the video. I am trying to say that the video needs to play automatically and has nothing to do with us. This has no hover (skin) effect of clicking a button to another page like the Photoshop grid. Right now, I do not see any skin effects, which is very bad. The Photoshop grid shows you that the skin is supposed to look like on the video grid, but it is not working. Is there any way to make the skin work on the video grid?

Hello Jacob,

You are using VimeoStream skin. In normal grid items, it will display the hover effect showing you the button and the logo.

This skin will hide the hover effects automatically when you insert a video into the grid item. This is the behaviour of this grid. Regretfully what you want in mind is not possible with the Essential Grid plugin.

Hope this explains it briefly.

That is a bummer. Will gif not work as well? Because it is kinda animation as well. Oh, well, please keep me posted if essential grid got updated and able to do something with the video in the background.

Hello Jacob,

A gif is an image so it will be more suitable to use it to one of your grid items so that the hover effects will display.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.