How can I show tags in my every post?

Hi I enabled POST META from X > Theme Options > Blog > Content > Post Meta option.

But I am unable to see tags on the post bottom.

How can I show tags in every article?

Here is a sample of my article link > https://sansarlochan.in/jobs/npcil-recruitment-executive-trainee-vacancies-2020/

Hi Sansar,

Those option shows the following meta below the title:

It is possible to show it using customization. Unfortunately it is outside the scope of our support. You may want to check the following customization guide.

Sorry I could not explain my question in a good way. I used wrong term "meta:.

I simply want post tags to show like this >

Hey Sansar,

To show tags in each post, you need to add the Tags for each post. Edit your posts in WordPress post editor, in the right options panel search for Tags option and enter Tags for each post:

You can refer to the following article for more information https://wordpress.com/support/posts/tags/

Hope this helps!

Dear Nabeel

I am blogging since 5 years and I know adding tags :smile:

But main problem is even after adding tags it is not showing anywhere in the article. :frowning:

Hello Sansar,

I can see that you are using Ethos stack. By default, this stack does not display the post tags. If you want to display it, since the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Add tags after the content for Ethos
// =============================================================================
function add_ethos_post_tags(){
  if ( x_get_stack() == 'ethos' ) : ?>
    <?php if ( has_tag() ) : ?>
      <footer class="entry-footer cf">
        <?php echo get_the_tag_list( '<p><i class="x-icon-tags" data-x-icon="&#xf02c;"></i>'. __( 'Tags:', '__x__'), ', ', '</p>' ); ?>
      </footer>
    <?php endif; ?>
  <?php endif;
}
add_action('x_after_the_content_end', 'add_ethos_post_tags');
// =============================================================================

Please note that issues that might arise from the use of custom code and further enhancements should be directed to a third party developer.

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

Hi

Thanks for this code but it did not work. I cleared cache and checked again. But it did not show in the bottom of the article.

Hello Sansar,

The post tags already display in your posts.

If this is not he correct site, kindly provide us the access so we can investigate.

See the secure note.

Hi @ruenel

You jumped to my main website that has Renew theme

I had given you website that is under my subfolder that is based on Ethos

sansarlochan.in/jobs

Sample of a post > https://sansarlochan.in/jobs/up-lekhpal-vacancy-apply-recruitment-upsssc/

Hey Sansar,

I tested the provided code in my local setup with the Ethos stack and the Tags are displaying fine on my end. Please make sure that you’ve added the above code in your child theme’s functions.php file and your child theme is active.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Sent credentials

Hello Sansar,

Please update the code to:

// Add tags after the content for Ethos
function add_ethos_post_tags(){
  if ( x_get_stack() == 'ethos' ) : ?>
    <?php if ( has_tag() ) : ?>
      <footer class="entry-footer cf">
        <?php echo get_the_tag_list( '<p><i class="x-icon-tags" data-x-icon="&#xf02c;"></i>'. __( 'Tags:', '__x__'), ', ', '</p>' ); ?>
      </footer>
    <?php endif; ?>
  <?php endif;
}
add_action('x_after_the_content_end', 'add_ethos_post_tags');
add_action('x_after_the_excerpt_end', 'add_ethos_post_tags');

Kindly note that since this is a custom code that changes the default behavior/display of the theme, you will be responsible to maintain or update the code in case you require further changes or if the code stops working in future updates. If you are uncertain how to proceed, it would be best to get in touch with a developer.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.