How can I create a transperent header above slider revoultion only for homepage

I have setup two different sliders with assignments (one with a white bar for the remainder of the site and the duplicated one I want for the home page to overlay.)

Most of the solutions I’ve found on the fourm have been site wide. Only need a transperent header above a slider. I imagine it can be done with CSS but not sure what modifications to make.

Would appreciate any help thank you.

Currently have the following in the theme options css

@media(min-width: 980px) {
  .home .masthead  {
    position:absolute;
    width:100%;
    background-color:transparent !important;
  }

body.x-navbar-fixed-top-active .x-navbar-wrap {
    height: auto;
  }

.home .x-logobar,
  .home  .x-navbar, .home .x-topbar  {
    background-color: transparent !important;
    box-shadow: none;
    border: 0;
  }
}

.x-navbar .desktop .x-nav>li>a {
  border-right: 0px ;
}

Global minus home header settings

Home header settings

Works fine for the photo grid, but not for the slider revolution hero? A bit confused.

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 9.12.04 PM Medium
Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 9.12.22 PM Medium

Hello @Dulcie07,

Thanks for writing to us.

To set the transparent header over the slider, I would suggest you go to the Header—>Bar---->Set the Position as Absolute, Z-index as 9999. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

mainheader-Header-Builder-Pro (7)

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Header Layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello I added a secure note to the thread. I currently have those settings.

It appears Bluehost is also having server downage issues today. Might need to switch hosts soon. But wanted to give you a headsup just incase.

Hello @Dulcie07,

I tried to access your site but it is not working on my end. Please recheck and let us know when it is accessible.

Thanks

Seems to be working again now thanks for your patience @prakash_s

Hello @Dulcie07,

I have checked your headers and I could say that the transparent one is working and displaying on the homepage. There is a white space area though because of the default top padding of the first section. It needs to be remove or set to 0 so that you can clearly see the transparent header. You will have to edit the homepage to be able to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thank you so much that worked great! I can’t believe I missed that. Have a great day!

Hi @Dulcie07,

Glad that it worked.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.