How are the templates stored

I just made a script that will export the database from our staging site, do search-and-replace in the sql-dump and deploy it in production.

However when we do this all the templates disappears.

Why is this? How is the templates stored ?

1 Like

Hi Broend,

Please use the plugin All In One Migration instead to export and import your site.

it is free, easy and tested and will assure that Cornerstone serialized data does not break.

Hope it helps!

Hi Joao

Thanks for you reply, but it does not answer my question.

Maybe you can ask a developer to answer it for me?

Are you referring to Cornerstone user templates? The data is stored in the wp_postmeta and wp_posts tables.

Thanks.

I take it then there is no way to Export save column, row, text templates and import into another website.
This would be a killer feature, something you had before with template download, but now I am sorely missing…

Hi @markw1,

Yes, I remembered that feature for templates. This is something we can add to our list of feature requests. This way it can be taken into consideration for future development. All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive.

Thanks!

Thanks @nico, particularly where I works for brands that have multiple websites this is a killer feature.
I am back to MANUALLY copying pages from once site to another, which is a pain and waste of time.

Is there anywhere we can VOTE on feature requests / see what is top of list ?

Hey @markw1,

Regretfully, there is no way to vote. But, is the new Template Manager lacking in feature? With it, you can export a whole page or part of a page as a template down to element level as presets. In addition, you can download all of your templates and import them to a new site. In case you did not know about this already, please see our Changelog starting from the day it was released https://theme.co/changelog/#theme-x-6-0-0. Also check out our Knowledge Base for new tutorials such as the Global Blocks feature.

Going back to my reply 6 months ago. Just 12 days after, Kyle released a status report stating that the old template manager will get a revamp. From there, discussion was started which involved users until it was finally released.

To get the latest news, please regularly check our News archive.

Thanks.