Hotjar tracking code on pages

Hello,

I have this kind of question, not sure if you have an answer for it.

I added hotjar tag to the website via GTM. But then I found that on the website hotjar tracking code is already staying. But I want to keep only the GTM tag. I tried to check all possible options where this code can be but did not find it. I use PRO theme, but header.php files are not having any tracking codes for the child theme. Also I check - Insert Header and Footer - not having hotjar code.

Could you please let me know how else hotjar tracking code can be added to pages?

Best regards,
Damira Teppo

Hello Damira,

Thanks for writing in! The Hotjar code may have been added in one of the files in the child theme. It could be in the functopms.php or another location. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your child theme files. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello, please find the secure note. I checked all the files and still did not find the location of the tracking code.

Looking forward for your answer.

Best regards,
Damira

Hi Damira,

It seems that the hotjar code has been added through the ** Analyticator** plugin, please find the screenshot below describing it.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Hello,

OMG, I am so sorry I did not see that part. I checked all the files but did not check if there is something available in the dashboard.
Thank you very much for your help. the code is taken off now.

Best regards,
Damira Teppo

Hi Damira,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.