Homepage is no longer working after X update

Good morning,

I have just updated my X theme to the latest version and the homepage no longer works. If does display the top header but just white space above (where the worpdress menus would be) and below.

However all the other pages work fine and if I view the homepage with cornerstone I can see it too.

Please advise/help - login details in secure note

Thank you,
Jason

Hello Jason,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

The problem on your website is quite weird. I could see home content area is blank. When I opened the page in Cornerstone there also I could only see the navbar area. Few things that I did is to disable all the plugins and then regenerate permalinks structure and dong so page is loading up fine in Cornerstone. Here is a screencast. https://cl.ly/3l1U2M1m040u. However, on the website home page is still blank and only navigation bar is visible.

To see if there is any issues with the page. I saved the page as a template and then created a dummy page and import the saved template and upon viewing the page on front end problem is still there. Can you please let us know the version of X Theme you were using before updating? Upgrading from very old version of X Theme can have some issues.

In the meantime please add following code into your wp-config.php file and see how it goes.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line:

/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

If the problem is still there, please share FTO details (host url/username/password).

Thanks.

Good morning and thank you for the update,

I do not know the exact version of X but I think it was from around October 2016 if that helps.

I have updated the config like you mentioned but the error is still there.

I have added the FTO details in secure note

Thank you for your time!

Hi there,

Ah, it’s old. You shouldn’t do a direct update due to feature gaps between old and new version. What you should do is clone your old site in staging and test the update there, then fix the issue and re-edit the pages that needs to conform with new version’s standard. Perhaps you can restore your site back then do the staging? It’s more easier since you could use them as comparison while fixing the issue.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.