Home, Blog and Portfolio will not load after update

Hi,

I have just updated to the latest version of X and Cornerstone. The site was fine before the update but now the Home, Portfolio and Blog pages are blank except for the navbar. Strangely any basic static pages such as the contact page are still displaying ok. In the theme options screen, the error “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading” appears. Everything looks fine when in the Cornerstone editor but not on the live site. Can you suggest what could be causing this?

Site is http://www.victoriaokemakeup.co.uk

Just an update. I have managed to bring back the blog and portfolio pages by disabling certain plugins. The home page still will not display though, even with all plugins disabled except cornerstone.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, do you have any custom template or custom function with regards to homepage on your Child theme? If so, please remove that customization and see if that resolves the issue, if not try switching to parent X Theme.

If nothing works, please provide us login credentials in “secure note” so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Hi,

Thanks, we are getting closer. I’m pretty sure I don’t have any custom functions but I can confirm that switching to the parent X Theme does indeed work. So I turned the child theme back on and completely cleared out the style.css (it’s empty) and it still doesn’t work.

I suppose I could just paste all the code into the front end CSS editor but I really want to use the child theme. So could you take a look please? Login details in secure note in the first post. Let me know if you need any further details.

OK, so you were right, there was a custom function that was causing this issue. The site now loads fine. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

One other thing I forgot to mention that I also cannot turn off the font manager. I have tried to save several times in the ‘options’ panel but every time I go back, its turned back on again.

I’m happy to open a new call for this issue if you wish.

Hi,

I can replicate the issue in my test site.

I will forward this to our web development team for review.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.