Hiding top peimary nav menu and showing only hamburger menu based on screen resolution

The answer to this is in the old forums which I cannot search. My current website displays the hamburger menu and hides the primary nav menu for tablets and mobile phones, I think its from 979px. I have the css for it but when I change it to a higher resolution (lets say 1100px) the hamburger menu is showing but also the primary menu. I want only the hamburger menu toshow if I increase it from 979px.

I will give a url and the css I have in a secured link.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Please be advised that in X 5.x.x, the hamburger menu will only work in screen sizes smaller than 980 pixels. Even if you can display the hamburger menu and hide the primary menu in larger screens, it will still not work and will not trigger the mobile menu.

Hope this helps.

Why cant i control the display?

Hey There,

You cannot control it because the hamburger menu is already predefined to only work on smaller screens. If you previously have this, and this will no longer work in the newer version. I have submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it and maybe they can provide an alternative or revert it so that older codes will work again.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you. I will tell you the problem its causing on medium screens. The navigation menu drops below the logo and kind of ruins its display. I dont have many options in the menu but its only on medium screens. It will be better to have the option to use a hamburger menu on medium screens for that reason to whoever wants.

Hi @Bark201,

Thanks for the details. I will forward this details to our developer so that It could give them guide as well.

Feel free to follow up this thread.

Thanks.

Sure, I am surprised no one else mentioned this, My stack is Icon so maybe its only there and not on other stacks. I would prefer if the menu wont drop below the logo image that is used but if its not possible than a hamburger menu is the second solution. I will follow this thread.

Hi there,

Thanks, please stay tuned. There are limited breakpoints where the layout is being applied, but I agree that there should be more.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.