Hiding Featured Images on All Pages (but not Blog Posts)

I am using the Ethos theme with the latest version of X and I was wondering if there is a way to hide the Featured Images from being displayed on the pages of my website, but keep them showing up on Single Posts? Currently, when I select a featured image for any page or post, it appears at the top of that respective page or post. I simply want to hide it from Pages but still have it load in the backend so that it can be used for Image Thumbnails on Social Media as well as via X-Theme plugins such as “UberMenu”.

I figured out it…

Add this to your sitewide CSS:

.hideFeaturedImage .entry-featured {
display: none;
}

than on each page you want the Featured Image hidden, add this class:

hideFeaturedImage

1 Like

Hi @ColbyBrown,

Happy to hear that.

Feel free to ask us again.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Hi, i’m trying to hide the featured image on a single post, i added the code to global css as Colby suggested, but where do I add this on the post: hideFeaturedImage ???
Thanks,

Hi there,

Please see the screenshot below:

Hope this helps.

Awesome! That worked, but how do I apply it to all posts?

Hi there,

If you want to apply it to all posts, you just have to use this CSS instead and you don’t need to add any classes to posts:

.single-post .entry-featured {
    display: none;
}

Thank you! That worked!!

You’re welcome.

It hides Featured Images on All Pages (but not Blog Posts) for me:

/* Hides the featured image
    from all pages, but not blog posts
    */
    .page .entry-featured { display: none; }

Hi @educainventions,

Add this code replacing the previous code to hide the featured image in all posts and pages.

.entry-featured { display: none; }

The purpose of providing the custom CSS to show you how to add CSS code to your site. Writing custom CSS is outside the scope of our theme support. If you need more customization, you need to learn CSS and learn how to use the browser’s element inspector.

Hope it helps you.
Thanks

Hey everyone, if you are reading this and the above is not working or leaving a little space inbetween your content and slider…

The “Hide featured image on all single page/post” free plugin by TylerTork is the perfect fit.

Just trying to help!

Hey @gallagherBD,

Thanks for the quick tip!

Cheers.