Hide download button on embedded video player?

Hi.

I would like to have the full set of controls, including volume, length of video, full-screen option, that’s available on the x_video_embed shortcode, but I do NOT want the download option to be available.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

Hello @gljudson,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Can you please share the page URL?

Thanks.

I posted a secure note with the link.

Hello @gljudson,

Thanks for sharing the URL. :slight_smile:

In the link you have shared I don’t see any video player. I tried clicking on the 3 elements that’s listed but it reload the page. Can you please confirm?

Thanks.

OH. Duh. I know why.

It’s protected by the learning system I’m using. Ignore the previous secure note - I’ll put it on a public page and post another secure note with that link. Sorry.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Please use this embed code instead of yours.
I have just added two paramiters to the code.

controls controlsList="nodownload"
<iframe src="https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/gljudson.courses/Managing+your+Inner+Critic+Module+1+video.mp4" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" kwframeid="1" controls controlsList="nodownload"></iframe>

hope this helps!

:frowning: It didn’t work.

Any other ideas?

Should I still be using x_video_embed, or is there another option that would work better?

Also, is there a way to disable autoplay so it doesn’t start immediately?

Thanks!

Hi There,

Instead of embedding the video you can use only the video URL inside X player. In that case, you will get more control on the player.

For this, you need to use version 2 Video element.

Hope this helps!

This is perfect.

With one small problem.

I can’t use Cornerstone for this. The ultimate destination of this video is on a post controlled by a plug-in that apparently doesn’t recognize Cornerstone as an editor. All I have are Visual and Text tabs on these pages.

Sigh.

Can this be done without using Cornerstone?

Thank you!

Hello There,

Since you are using the default WordPress editor, are you using the embedded video shortcode or a plain embedded video code? Would you please provide the example video code in your next reply so that we can check if there is a way to disable the controls?

Thank you in advance.

Just added a secure note with the code and links. I want to keep the links secure at this time. Thanks.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I have checked it and even tested in my local testing server. To resolve your issue and hide the download button, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

video::-internal-media-controls-download-button {
    display:none;
}

video::-webkit-media-controls-enclosure {
    overflow:hidden;
}

video::-webkit-media-controls-panel {
    width: calc(100% + 30px); /* Adjust as needed */
}

The output should be like this:

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you! I’m up to my eyebrows in a different project today, so I can’t test it out right away - I’ll let you know if there’s still a problem when I do try it.

Thanks!

No Problem.
We would loved to know if this has work for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.