Hide Breakpoints Not Working Version 5.1.4

Two footers are showing one is laptop and one desktop even though in customize they are turned on and off respectively.

Hello @verobeachmarketing,

Thanks for writing in! There seems to be a broken CSS code or that an invalid styling value that is added in one of your Bar elements. I also noticed an invalid HTML code:

<a href="https://AccuWeather.com" target="_blank" style="color: #ffffff; opacity: .8;" rel="noopener" label-"AccuWeather.com Website">AccuWeather.com</a>

<a href="/terms" target="_blank" style="color: #ffffff; opacity: .8;" rel="noopener"label="Terms of Use Link">Terms of Use</a>

The correct one should be:

<a href="https://AccuWeather.com" target="_blank" style="color: #ffffff; opacity: .8;" rel="noopener" label="AccuWeather.com Website">AccuWeather.com</a>

<a href="/terms" target="_blank" style="color: #ffffff; opacity: .8;" rel="noopener" label="Terms of Use Link">Terms of Use</a>

Please double check your custom CSS, Bar element settings and HTML codes. If you are still having the issue, please provide the WP access to your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

The label isn’t in the text box that is being added after the fact some how. I also hid the entire copyright bar and the issue remained. The site uses two factor to login to WP so it would be hard to get you in unless we arranged a time for you to login that I could send you a code.

The footers have worked fine for years on previous versions this is only new with v5.1.4 see LIVE site here…

I would suggest, it would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. where you can disable the two factor to login plugin and then share your admin login details so that we can check it at our end.

Thanks

may dev requires it as well

Your issue seems to have been resolved already since I am now seeing only 1 bar in your footer.

Please feel free to create another thread if you need any other help.

Cheers.

Lets be sure we are talking about the DEV site and not LIVE as the example.

The issue NOT resolved.

I can give you an email user access to login if you give me an email and phone for 2 factor.

There could be a broken HTML, CSS or incorrect value in one of the Bar elements which causes this issue. It is best that you create a WP user/password that would allow our staff to log in to your site for further investigation. Regretfully we cannot just give you an email or phone since our staff are located in different countries who are working on different timezones.

Best Regards.

I would need an email or phone for 2 factor. It’s just the way the server is setup.

Hey @verobeachmarketing,

I’m sorry but we don’t have an email or phone number to give you. That is not included in our product support. If you need us to log in, you must disable 2-factor authentication temporarily. Otherwise, we cannot help.

Anyway, I checked your dev site and neither footer bars are hidden on the desktop view. I can see that in the bar class. The desktop hide class is x-hide-xl. You only have x-hide-lg for both bars and they both disappear when viewed on a laptop screen with 1200px (x resolution) and below. With that said, the Hide During Breakpoints feature works.

Please disable the other bar on desktop view.

If you can’t disable 2-factor auth, please at least provide screenshots of your setup, specifically:

1. Screenshot of the Hide During Breakpoints of footer bar 1 and footer bar 2.
  2. Screenshot of your Breakpoints setup in Theme Options > Layout and Design.

Also, tell us what screen resolution you’re using. And, make sure your browser’s zoom level is 100%. Not higher nor lower than that.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.