Hide a Specific Woo Products Category

Hey hey!
I need to hide the “Courses” category from showing in the sidebar. So, this is the issue…
Learndash hides courses from all aspects of the store by default, which I want. The only way to purchase a course it to go the course and choose “Take This Course” and it then goes to the product. Otherwise unless you know a product link to that course, you cannot get to it.

BUT! I wanted to offer a coupon for courses only. Courses are listed as a Product TYPE not a Category. So there was no way to offer the coupon for 40% one course for day. So, I created a category called Courses and put them all in there.

But I do not want that category to show in the sidebars all through out the store where it lists out all the categories.
How can I hide category ID 2074 from showing in any of the sidebars?? I had used:

.woocommerce .product_cat-courses {
display: none;
} 

But, it hid ALL COURSE products everywhere, :astonished: Cannot have that! Mercy.
The site is live now so you can just go to it and see.

**PS- a very wierd sidenote- even though I added all courses, which there are 90 of them to the new Course Category. IN the sidebar categories it only says there are 2. But you can see the backend and see they are all assigned there. What is happening there??

Thank You Thank you!!
Noelle

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

Please try this CSS,

.widget_product_categories .product-categories li.cat-item-2074 {
display: none;
}

About the course count, I can’t verify it as I don’t have access to the admin. But yes, it’s only displaying two items even on the actual category page.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.