Help with updating to WP 4.8

Hi,

I’m always a bit nervous when I see a WP update when I’m using X Theme (with VC installed). Once, on a previous X/WP site, I updated WP and it broke VC. I had to call my hosting company to restore an old version of my site. I handed it off to someone else and they took over the site. So I never learned how to update safely.

So, can you provide me with the appropriate steps to update my site without causing any issues?

I’m currently running…

WordPress:
Installed version 4.7.5
Latest version available 4.8

X Theme:
Installed version 5.0.3
Latest version available 5.1.0

WP Bakery Visual Composer:
Current version 5.1.1
Latest version available 5.2

I can provide you with guest login if you need access to the site.

Thanks.

Hi there @think5577,

The best way to upgrade is:

  • Take a full backup of your website.
  • Clear all caches and then deactivate any caching plugins.
  • Disable other caching services, i.e Cloudflare along with server side caching.
  • Upgrade X.
  • Upgrade Cornerstone
  • Upgrade VC

Everything should then work perfectly. We do offer managed updates if you’d prefer for us to handle the process, you can find out more about our services here: https://theme.co/apex/pricing/services

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.