Help with the header

Hello guys, I need to ask you a little help with my header.

1. I would like the logo to be in line with the menu bar. I changed it in the theme options and even reduce the logo size but nothing happened.

Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 20.23.49

1. I would like my posts (not the pages or the archives, just the posts) to appear like this in the screenshot below, without the header picture and with the sidebar and the post inboxed. Is that possible? could you help me do so?

Thank you so much

best,
Isabella

Hey Isabella,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) Please save your changes and make sure to clear all your caches before testing the site again. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

2.) Please go to X > Theme Options > Layout and Design > Content Layout and set it to “Content Left, Sidebar Right”. And then go to Appearance > Widgets so that you can insert a text or html widget for the Main Sidebar and insert a custom content.

Hope this helps.

Hello Ruenel,

I apologize, I forgot to give you my site details. Here they are.

1. I did it but nothing happened
  2. I already created the sidebar, that’s not my issue.
    What I need to do is take out the header picture in my posts only like this in the screenshot above and have the sidebar and the post content in two separated boxes, just like the screenshot I showed you.

Thanks for your help
cheers

Hi Isabella,

1.) Just as I suspected, you have a caching plugin installed. You have the Breeze plugin, so I went ahead and cleared up your caches. It is now displaying correctly:

2.) Your single posts are displaying the header because, in your child theme, you have added modifications in your child theme’s functions.php file. You have this code:

// =============================================================================
function my_custom_content() {
if ( is_single() ) {
	echo do_shortcode('[cs_gb id=13623]');
}
}

add_action( 'x_after_view_global__slider-below', 'my_custom_content' );

Kindly remove the code so that the header will no longer display on single posts.

Best Regards.

Hello Ruenel,

thanks a lot for your fast reply.
However, I have three issues:

1. the logo doesn’t appear to me in line. I did clear the cache and I have even checked on another browser and in an incognito window but it’s still above the menu. see screenshot. Also, the font of the menu is supposed to be like the header font selected but it’s not.

2. I deleted the code and the picture disappeared but so the H1 titles.
    I would need them to appear. Is this possible?
    Also I was asking if it’s possible to have the sidebar and the content text in two separate boxes just like the screenshot in my first message. Is that possible?

Thanks a lot for your help
cheers

Hello Isabella,

1.) This is how your single post looks like on my browser:

It is best that you temporarily deactivate your Breeze plugin. Clear your browser cache or use private browsing (Incognito mode) and test your site again.

2.) Put back the code again and this time, you will go to X > Global Blocks and then edit the “page-post banner” block. You will need to edit it, remove the image or do anything you like to display in your single post or page.

Hope this makes sense.

Hey Ruenel,

it does make sense but,

1. I did check in incognito but still doesn’t work. Plus the menu/header fonts are different from what I have selected in the theme. so weird
    Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 23.39.58

2. I did put back the code but it’s messy now. see screenshot. all on the left…

This is how I did it.

then I went into the global blocks but there is no picture that I can take out. …

However, if I remove the featured picture in each and every post, I have one big white gap I can remove the two gaps in the global block but the headline is in white so It doesn’t show.

I was trying to check the demo of the original stack and see what happens if we delete the global block but I couldn’t find the DEMO.

My ultimate goal is to make my posts appear like this, as I mentioned before. Can you help me do that?
I would be forever grateful.

Hi Isabella,

Let me explain your issues one by one.

1. Logo is not inline, the container width set to the 78% of the max-width, please increase up to 85% to make the logo and the menu to be adjusted in a single line. And the font is

2. Text on the left, I found that this issue has been already resolved on your site in this thread: Logo header, please let us know if that does not work for you this time. And the image you are referring to is coming from the Global Blocks in the section named Banner, the Dynamic Content has been used to show the feature image.

Once the above points are resolved, your single post page structure will look like the example site you have given, you may need to adjust a few styles to be accurate.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @tristup thanks a lot for your help.

1. resolved thanks :slight_smile:

2. I cannot wrap my head around it. I am so sorry. RE: the title on the left, I checked the past thread but just like the other time, I don’t see what happened. I didn’t touch anything in the global block. So I am not sure where to fix it as it just appeared like that out of the blue when I changed the code (see above)

As for the screenshot that you are sharing I cannot see where you are pulling that menu from. Also I have a concern if you delete the feature image, the text-only will appear but I don’t want it in the header I want it just on top of the post, besides the sidebar, just like the example in the screenshot.
what happens if we just eliminate the global block banner? I am just asking, not sure.

I would like to find the simplest solution possible. As I need to eliminate as much CSS as possible.

thanks a lot for your help.

cheers

PS I also found this code in the CSS, does it have anything to do with the post title and image?

.entry-featured img, img.page-featured-image {
min-width: 100%;
}
.single-post .entry-featured,
.single-post .entry-header {
display: none;
}
.blog .entry-header h2 {
text-transform: uppercase !important;
}
p {
margin-bottom: 1.15em;

Hi Isabella,

You need to delete the Background Image from Global Blocks to remove that from the Posts, and then the Font Color needs to be dark to visible on the lighter/white background as the example site.

And regarding the custom CSS code, I would suggest you remove or comment out the code temporarily and check if any issues arise due to that, if not please remove the code permanently.

Thanks

No, that didn’t work.
But I have deleted the banner completely, because I didn’t want a banner.
And I deleted the CSS code
Now I have the title in the correct position, but I need the featured image not to show there.
But I don’t want to delete the feature image in each post because I want it to come up in the masonry or other lists of posts.
I just don’t want it to show in the posts, like in the screenshot here below.

Can you help me to do that, please?

Also I was asking if it’s possible to have the post and the sidebar in two separate containers. and the background of a different color like in the example I mentioned. Here the screenshot again for your convenience.

thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers
Isabella

Hi Isabella,

The image shown in the screenshot is coming from the Featured Image of that specific post. You can delete the Featured Image from the *posts or you can remove that by adding a small piece of custom CSS code to Theme Options > CSS.

.single-post .entry-featured,
.single-post .entry-thumb,
.single-post .entry-thumb img {
    display: none;
}

Please remember that the above code will work if copied as it is and doesn’t conflict with any existing style.
Please note that the code provided serves only as a guide to help you get started custom coding on your own if there’s no option offered in our theme or the products we bundle.
We do not provide support for custom codes that means we can’t fix it in case it conflicts with something on your site nor will we enhance it.

Thanks

It worked thanks a lot.

Could you please help me with the containers I mentioned?

“Also I was asking if it’s possible to have the sidebar and the content text in two separate boxes just like the screenshot in my first message. Is that possible?”

Also, is it possible to have the banner with the title on archive pages like category and tags? like these ones for example:

thanks a lot
cheers
isabella

Hi Isabella,

The post and the sidebar are already in two separate boxes, to make that as the example site and the banner with the title in the archive pages are required customization and which is beyond the scope of theme support.

I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you to do the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where the customization questions are answered.

Thanks

oh ok thanks

You are most welcome Isabella!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.