Help with creating a custom theme for a plugin-output-page

Hi there,
I´m trying to create a custom template that will show search results of a plugin (extended search, not only WP search).
I tried with copying the _index.php from /global into my child-theme. What happend is that the results showed up but with full screen width and without showing a sidebar or the pagenavi. So I tried to combine the template-blank1,php with the _index.php and now I have a sidebar, the posts show up in a kind of masonry (not as beautifully styled as in the original). But

  1. there is still no pagenavi and
  2. it´s just no clean code and probably buggy.
    I´m starting to believe that the x-theme is too complicated for simple changes. Maybe you can help me with this. I want the output to look in a nice and clean masonry style.
    Here is what I’ve got so far:

Unfortunately I can´t upload the code. But maybe you can provide me with the proper solution.

Thanks very much!

Hi There,

I can’t see your complete setup at the moment. Pagination is automatic. It will show if the results is more than the number of posts per page set on Settings > Reading > Blog pages show at most or if you have set that up anywhere on the plugin.

Regarding the code, unfortunately coding custom pages, especially in this case that is related to your plugin is outside the scope of our support. You are on the right path though. If you can share the URL of that screenshot we can check but we cannot promise a fixed. Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.