HELP! Only one page (About me) showing throughout whole website

HELP!!! I have just upgraded to Pro.
I have three issues.

  • List item-I just took my site off “Hidden” and when I went to check it via mobile and pc, the only page that shows is my “About Page” no matter what navigation link I click. When I’m signed in, everything looks fine
  • How do I make my header automatically adjust to smaller screens?

  • Upon live editing in Pro, it does not show the new version of the page, only the old one. Why is this?

With the first Issue, I’m sort of panicking right now…please help
Website: britneytaylor.com

Hey @btaylorphotos,

The issues you’re experiencing sounds like it’s caused by caching.

Please check for the following first:

  1. Ensure everything is up to date

  2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins. Your host might also have a built-in caching system. Please contact them to clear all caches also.

  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply,
I’m sorry for the further questions. I’m very new to site building.
-What is a CDN?
-Where would I find my htaccess file?
-what is javascript and what templates are you referring to that I remove?

Hi there,

CDN means content delivery network. If you’re any services like CloudFlare, you can log into their account and clear the cache.

.htaccess file can be located in the root of your WordPress installation. You need to connect to your server using your FTP account. You can use FileZilla client software for that.

If you have added any custom Javascript code (usually it will be added to Theme Options > Global Javascript OR Appearance -> Customize -> Custom > Javascript OR when you edit a page using Cornerstone, there is a page level CSS/JS option), make sure to remove them temporarily.

Custom templates are, if you have done any customizations to your X theme by setting up a child theme or directly edited any template files inside X theme (that is /wp-content/themes/x OR /wp-content/themes/x-child).

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.