Help needed - cannot import template

Hello, I’ve created a template on a development site and am trying to import it in my live site, but I keep getting this message when I try to import the tco file - Sorry! Your file is not properly formatted.

Both sites are using XTheme Ver 9 .1.4 and Conerstone Ver 6.1.4.

Kindly assist as I can’t afford to re-build the same template on my live site.

Hey Suraj,

Thanks for reaching out!

I suspect that the .tco file is corrupted and that’s the reason why you’ve got the issue. I suggest that you redownload again the template files from your development area.

If it doesn’t help, would you mind sharing admin credentials of your development area and live website so that we can check on our end? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Template Name / Page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Hello @marc_a thanks for getting back,

I have tried saving and re-saving the template in my development site and exporting it out and re-importing the template in my live site and still no success. The same error appears.

I shall provide you the access details as requested shortly. Hope you guys can figure out what’s going on as I need to be able to export and import files for a live launch next week.

Thanks

Hello Suraj,

I have logged in and investigated your issue. You can save the template but fails to be exported/imported because of these images.

Here’s what you can do to resolve your issue.
1.) Remove those images first.
2.) Save your template.
3.) Export the template.
4.) Import the template to the live site.
5.) Load the template in your page.
6.) Finally, change the images that were removed.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hello @ruenel thank you for helping check and for the steps to resolve. I have tried it and the template export and import works just fine!

Thank you so much!

Hi Suraj,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.