Help! home page broken after theme update?

Hi there, it has been a while since i have been on the back end of my website, lost of things needed updating, wordpress, pluggins and the theme itself, i managed to get everything updated apart from the them and the front end was still fine, i then moved to update the theme and found that everything from the page had vanished!?

Im a real novice at all of this and will need some hand holding, my theme went from 4.somthing to 5.1 and it went completely wrong, is there any way i can put the them back to what it was??

Please help as im starting to panic

Cheers. Jordan

Hello Jordan,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of plugin conflict issue or version compatibility issue, Please make sure your theme, plugins, WordPress, and PHP version is updated as per our version compatibility page.

I would also suggest you please purge all the cache from the server so that the latest code renders properly.

I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, it would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi there, thanks for coming back to me, i’m afraid i not sure what most of that is that you have asked for, I will try to work my way through your list as best i can, but i might need some help along the way if that is ok?

Hello Jordan,

It might be the issue with the PHP version, it seems that you are using the 8.0.21PHP version, I would suggest you please contact your hosting provider to downgrade the PHP version to 7.4 or 7.4+ as per our version compatibility page.

It is also recommended by WordPress as well, please have a look at this article.

After downgrading the PHP version to 7.4 if it doesn’t work for you, please share your FTP details.

Thanks

Hi there, I have managed to get the PHP downgraded to 7.4 as you requested, does this take a certain length of time to take effect? the website doesn’t seem to have changed, I will attach a secure note with the FTP details on it

Hello @Foxywood,

I have investigated your homepage and I found out that one of the Headline elements is having 1000000000001em as the bottom padding.

This is I think what is causing the issue in your homepage. Please have the page edit and change the padding value.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

You Absolute legend!!!

all fixed, how did that happen? was it something that was alway there but not affecting the theme until i updated it?

Hey Foxy,

It’s highly unlikely to be caused by the update. One of the editors of your site must have accidentally set that.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.