HELP! Getting PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by plugins/cornerstone

Hi. I need help. I was editing a slide in LayerSlider when all of sudden, the admin side of the site stopped working. I can’t update anything. The content in layer disappeared. Buttons and tabs are not clickable. (If you click on one, nothing happens). I checked the error log and found this:

[09-Jun-2021 21:35:26 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ssicards/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/common/class-locator.php:1) in /home/ssicards/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api/class-wp-rest-server.php on line 1642
[09-Jun-2021 21:35:26 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ssicards/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/common/class-locator.php:1) in /home/ssicards/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api.php on line 675
[09-Jun-2021 21:35:26 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ssicards/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/common/class-locator.php:1) in /home/ssicards/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api.php on line 676
[09-Jun-2021 21:35:26 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ssicards/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/common/class-locator.php:1) in /home/ssicards/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api.php on line 677
[09-Jun-2021 21:35:26 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ssicards/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/common/class-locator.php:1) in /home/ssicards/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api.php on line 678

I haven’t changed anything. I checked the functions,php and there is no space before <?php. I have no idea of what to do.

Thanks in advance!

Hello @ssiwebdev,

Thanks for writing in! You will need to disable the debug mode to get rid of the PHP Warnings. You can do this by opening wp-config.php file and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should no longer be seeing the PHP Warnings and you will be able to edit a slide.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi, I looked at the wp-config.php and debug mode is already disabled. This is how it’s configured:

Also related to this issue is that all the options such as “Additional CSS” are gone from the “Customize” area from X-Theme

. The only thing available is “Widgets”. Basically, one second they were there and then suddenly they disappeared. I have no idea what to do.

Hi @ssiwebdev,

To further investigate about your issue. Would you mind sharing your admin credential and FTP access to check the back-end settings? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

I just sent you a secure note with site, login name and password.
Thanks!

Hi @ssiwebdev,

I just check your website and you have some site health issues. I advise that you fix the issue found on your site health page ( see secure note for the site health link).

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.