Help finish and center new header

Ok so I think a big problem I was having before with my sites loading time was that I didn’t have a dedicated header setup and was using a huge image just at the top of my page

So I’m trying to improve the speed of my website and wanted to make a new Header that is bright, vivid and fast.

But one of the problems I’m having is trying to center everything in the Bars, but nothing seems to be taking affect.

For the top bar of the Header I created, I want to keep my logo in the upper left hand corner, but I would like to center the News Media Lifestyle image instead of having it stuck to the right

Also, I’m using some type of PHP plugin helper that tells me what’s wrong with my website and what I can do to improve things.

Here’s a screenshot:

I’ve added my logo to the image Element, I’m using the main logo I have uploaded to my wordpress library, that is 2024x1100 and I’m inserting it into the post as a medium image of 300x163

But this plugin keeps telling me that it’s way too big for the block and needs to be 150x82px or it won’t load fast/right and will be blurry

But then I made a new logo in photoshop that was only actually 150x82px and uploaded it and it just looks blurry to me compared to the one at 300x163.

So what is the deal here, what size do I need to set my logo to and where exactly do I need to do this?

What am I doing wrong with all of my images that they’re so big and causing problems? I assume this is one of the reasons things are loading slow on my site.

I’ve been trying to utilize the SmushPro plugin to help compress the images on my site, it’s helped some. But there’s still a problem I need to figure out and iron out

Should I upload a new file that’s called down, or is it ok to use the 2024x1100px main logo image I have in my library? I don’t want any loading or scaling problems using a logo of this size scaled down to 150x82.

I would also like to center the inline menu in the second Bar I created. But I’ve tried everything and I can’t get it to center.

Also, if I wanted to change the link color and hover color of this new inline menu in this new header, where do I do that at? It seems all of my old changes to the menu disappeared when I created this new header and inline menu.

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out.
I would suggest you add a Row with 2 Column inside the container of the first bar and add the logo in the first column and the News Media Lifestyle logo in the second column. And set the alignment to left for both columns, in this way you can center the News Media Lifestyle logo.

Regarding the file size problem, it is beyond the scope of Theme Support, you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.
If you want to change the link and hover color you need to set the Color and the Interaction color from Top Links > Primary > Color as shown in the given screenshot.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.