Help! Demo content and VC backend editor

This is driving me crazy. I have installed numerous different x theme demos without any issue, they instal fine and look great and exactly like they should.

My issue comes when I try to edit any of them. I want to use Visual Composer NOT Cornerstone, and despite the fact that before I instal each demo, I de-activate or even delete Conrerstone and make sure that Visual Composer is activated and that the backend editor is turned on within the settings, by teh time the demo content is fully installed, Cornerstone gets automatically re-intsalled and activated and when I try to edit with Visual Composer in the backend, all it shows from the home pages full page of content is the row for Revolution slider.

All the homepage content that should be showing up is gone. Why is this and how can I get this to work.

To be clear, I do NOT want to use Cornerstone and I want to be able to edit the demo with Visual Composer from the backend.

I should mention that I have tried this with both the advanced demos and the regular ones, all with the same disappointing and frusterating result.

Please helpa sap.

I am tryin to get my site up and running and installing the agency demo. i get it installed without issue and everything looks great, then when i go to edit it (with visual composer on the backend, because i refuse to use cornerstone) none of the demo content shows up within the backend editor. help!

Hey @missmorgan,

Apologies for the inconvenience, Unfortunately our demos are created on Cornerstone and you can’t edit a page that is created on Cornerstone onto Visual Composer and so the other way around. What you can do is keep the demo pages and edit it in Cornerstone and create your new pages on Visual Composer.

Hope you understand. Is there anything we can help you with?

Regards

Let me make sure that I understand. So you’re saying that I am not able to add to or edit any of the demos (either the normal ones or the advanced ones) via Visual Composer? I recall that a year or so ago I was able to do this.

I really do not want to use Cornerstone, because I really feel its very non-intuitive, and no matter how many times ive tried to give it a go and get used to it, I still just hate it. So you’re saying that if I want to have the benefit of using any of the demos, I am forced to use Cornerstone?

When you say “What you can do is keep the demo pages and edit it in Cornerstone and create your new pages on Visual Composer.” Is there any possible way to duplicate the demo content so that it IS editable within Visual Composer? Like I said, I recall being able to do this a year or so ago.

Secondly, Why is it that despite the fact that I both de-activate and delete cornerstone, it keeps coming back into my plug-ins and automatically activating itself?

Hi There,

Even if you don’t want to use Cornerstone, you need to have Cornerstone installed and active in order to X Theme to work well, that is why it keeps re-installing itself.

The Demos around 2 2,5 years ago, before the launching of Cornerstone were available with VC that is true, but that is not a reality since 2 2,5 years when Cornerstone was released. You cannot edit the demos with VC

You can normally build pages with VC as it works flawlessly with X and you are not obliged to use CS.

I personally love CS I think it is way superior and more intuitive than VC, I would recommend you facing the learning curve and start using CS, I know it is boring to learn a tool when you already know another similar tool, but I believe is 100% worth.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks