Heck of a time with images and background coverage in v2

Hi I have a website that was built in original Xtheme - I am finding V2 much more difficult, & although I can see it has more options they are not at all clear to a non-coding user.

I have created a test page to try and learn v2 and for the Life of me I cannot get a background image to fill the column - it always winds up in a section that crops it - unattractively- meanwhile in V1 this was not an issue. The image appears as designed to- taking up the column- can’t seem to do that here in v2
None of the mass of margins/sliders etc do any thing- I have tried background image in and tried to create an over lay- overlay does not work - transparent color does not show up.

It would seem to be a fairly straight forward need to beable to place an image and adjust the column height accordingly- but HOW???

my site is https://carladawnbehrlenyc.com and I am trying to design an updated version of my home page but cannot get that image to fit as it does on original- I have watched a bunch of vids - have yet to find one that addresses this question

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

Would you mind providing the exact URL that has this issue? Or are you referring to the first image on your home page? It’s not added as a background, but just standard image element. And please provide the URL of the one you wish to copy, maybe I could provide some recommendation.

Or perhaps, a video recording of the issues you’re getting. Visual guide is a lost faster :wink:

Thanks!

The home page you have - the page I am trying to learn v2 with is https://carladawnbehrlenyc.com/new-test/ - After HOURS of fussing around I managed to get the image showing as I like but on backend the section is not aligned with the column- although on front end it looks aligned - very misleading at backend & very freeking frustrating.

None of my color pickers work in the V2 elements I am trying to create a white headline - nothing changes - centered text nothing changes- wanted to try and create an overlay- same color picker issue - nothing changes!

Trying to figure out how to add padding to text container - Nothing is working!!! really V2 is way too overcomplicated with all those controls that cannot be minimized.

Ok figuring out that a massive source of my frustration is because advanced controls in CORNERSTONE IS BROKEN! No changes showing in live-editor AT ALL, only shows on live page. What a mess and what a massive amount of wasted time!!! Why is this nowhere to be found in the forums until like the 75th search into various issues??? Very upset at so much time and now I can’t do anything with my site. I am beginning to be very, very sorry I’ve stuck with this theme and added it to another site to boot. I Purchased X originally because it was supposed to be a relatively customizable theme although NOT as promoted - since you need to have in-depth web coding experience to have implemented it even in V1- but NOW it is all but Incomprehensible with all the stuff loaded onto the editor- and not minimizable and with NO clear instructions as to what all the levers/ sliders / and new overly complicated backend does for those of us who are not Pro designers. But then on top of it for Cornerstone to be so badly malfunctioning and NO NOTIFICATION OF THIS FRONT AND CENTER ON THE FORUMS???

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! V2 elements are independent elements from each other. Each element has it’s own color, padding, margin and almost every attribute to an element. If you want to use the Classic elements instead, you can disable the v2 elements and only select classic elements to display in Cornerstone by going to X > Cornerstone > Content Builder Elements.

Meanwhile, you have mentioned that you have encountered issues with Cornerstone.
1.) Section not align with columns. In Cornerstone preview, there are broken lines that represents the section, rows and columns.

The columns were contained in a row.

By default, there is a gap between them because of the margin and paddings. If you want to align them together, you will have to make sure that you have 0 margin and padding in the section and row settings.

2.) You also mentioned that your v2 elements color pickers is not working. It should always work unless there is a JS error on the page that prevents you from see any changes or applying the color. If you wouldn’t mind, we would be happy to investigate the issue and create a test page for you. Please provide us access details to you site so we can take a closer look.

3.) X is indeed a customizable theme. It might need you a little time to get familiar with the stacks, features, elements, theme settings and other options to be able to set up a site. You may also use our standard demo contents or expanded demo contents to get you started with. You can check out the demos in our demo page: https://theme.co/x/#demos
All of the settings and how to make the theme work can sometimes overwhelmed on how to do this and to that. With a little patience and our guidance will be able to help you master the theme in not time.

I would recommend that you review our knowledge as we have broken down it by topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

Also -I would like to know how to better control the padding on a headline I created- tons of padding on top and the sliders llnked or not do not change this - and how to Name a template? I would like to save what I have created so far as a block template- but there is noway to rename- every attempt saves as my-custom-template(1-2or 3 ) as the case may be- this makes template use really difficult since no way to tell what you might be adding! I even tried downloading- renaming and uploading agin but reverts back to my-custom-template-csl so what is the point of templates if you cant tell what they are?

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

1.) The headline element has its own setting for the margin and padding. When you have set it to Zero already, the spacing around must be from the previous or the next element. In most cases, the spacing on top of the headline like this:

will be coming from the margin or padding of the row or section settings.

2.) When working with templates, there is an option to download the *.csl file or save to your library. To change the name of the template is to simply provide a title to it. This title will then be converted as the filename as well.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.