Headline Font on Mobile

Hello there - getting to grips with the updated Cornerstone - just about.

I’m using Futura throughout my site, and to use it on mobiles too I’ve added @import url(‘https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Futura’); to Global CSS. This sorts out the body text. However the titles are not in Futura on mobile.

In the Heading Element in Cornerstone, if I switch the font family to ‘Inherit’, the preview changes to the same font as I see on mobile.

In Templates/Fonts I’ve Headings and Body set to Futura.

What do you think I’m missing?

Thanks!

Hey @alorraine,

To answer your question, we need to see your actual setup. Please give us the URL of the page in question and access to your WordPress admin in a Secure Note.

Also tell us if you want to use Futura in desktop or mobile only or both.

Setting Headings and Body in Template > Fonts and choosing them in Typography should make use of the font you’ve selected sitewide though.

Thanks.

Thanks for the blisteringly fast reply. Login details attached to the original question.

Hi there,

You do not need the CSS code that you have mentioned. You correctly added the Body Copy and the Header font in the Font Manager to Futura.

I just disabled the Font Manager and enabled it again and now you can check the case and it should load correctly.

The only thing you need to do is to set the font of the headline element to Heading.

Thank you.

Thanks CA.

It’s working on iOS, but not android. I may change the font / give up.

I built the site offline, and when I uploaded a whole lot of things went wrong. Margins were off, some elements were duplicated, edits wouldn’t save. My page at http://www.granitecreativeproductions.com/video/virtual-reality/ is still pretty buggy, even though I rebuilt several sections. I didn’t note all the problems, so this probably isn’t going anywhere, but is there a “turn it off and on again” solution for the site?

There are third party factors that could cause issues like that and one is caching. Your host might have built-in caching that needs to be cleared and turned off while you build the site. Also, hosting limitations could also be a factor. Please open a separate thread for each of your issues and we’ll try to solve it separately to avoid confusion.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.