Headline Element questions

I’ve migrated to v5.2.2 and have some questions with the Headline element

  • Adding a headline element has text default to “inherit”, meaning I have to manually change to “Headings” font template every time I add a headline element. Is that the way it’s supposed to work?
  • The Custom Headline element has predefined settings for real and visible tags. It takes 2 seconds to set text as <h2> but display as <h5>. With the Headline element I set the text as <h2> in one place, scroll down, and have to know what font size I’ve defined as <h5> so that I can type it in manually. This seems to be a retrograde step in productivity. I know you’re planning on creating presets, but what do we do for the moment?
  • Is there a way to hide rarely-used settings like box shadow, and text shadow? When you’re setting up a lot of pages in one session, reducing non-essential display settings saves time and reduces the chances of error.
  • I know it’s frowned upon in web dev circles, but how do I add inline CSS (i.e. without creating a class or id) to a headline element?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) Yes this is how it works. If you want to set the font family to the headings font, you will change it. If you leave it as is and use the default inherit, it will inherits the font family property from its parent element. If you do not want to have the advanced controls, you can make use of the classic Custom Headline instead.

2.) This is how the Classic Custom Headline works. You will choose the Heading level and also has the option to choose how it looks like. This will then use the font family set in the Global Settings. To have more controls over the font family, please make use of the V2 Headline element instead.

3.) At the moment, there is none. We can add this as a feature request so it can be taken into consideration for future development.

4.) There is none because with the advanced controls, all the possible needed change is already present. From font family, background, color, border, margin, padding, text style, alignment, width, height and among others.

Hope this helps.