Headers suddenly stopped showing

Hi there!

My headers suddenly stopped showing on my frontend. I created two headers; one for my homepage and another one for the other pages. And it worked perfectly for weeks! Until 4 hours ago… I did some more work on the website and all of a sudden I noticed that both my headers stopped showing up on the frontend webpages. They are still available in the editor like nothing happened, but whatever settings I change the frontend keeps showing the default “Renew” header (the one editable from the Theme Options).

I checked (and temporarily deleted) my custom CSS content, disabled plugins, deleted and recreated the headers from templates, created a temporary blank header and appointed it to various conditions and some other desperate things. Nothing seems to get my Pro headers back in place :thinking:

For now I have set the default header to an acceptable design, but I’d really like to have my Pro headers back :slight_smile:

Any ideas?

URL: https://www.jduitzendbureau.nl

Hello @dix82,

Thanks for writing in!

After doing the updates or site changes, always remember to clear all caches since you have installed WP Fastest Cache plugin so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

Please be advised that caching plugins are best to turn ON when you are finished building the site and ready to go live.

Regards.

Thanks for your reply! I understand and yes, off course I disabled (and also temporarily uninstalled) the cache plugin after repeatedly deleting the cache didn’t do anything :smile: Also cleared browser cache, cookies, used other devices, private browser tabs, etc.

I just slightly edited my footer and after saving, it disappeared on my frontend as well :slightly_frowning_face: Also did all the stuff mentioned in my previous post and even deleted the cache plugin all together. This is even more problematic because there isn’t an acceptable default footer that I can use to temporarily replace it with.

Would be great if you have any recommendations. Of course I’m happy to provide login information.

I finally managed to find the cause. I cleared the cornerstone_[footer/header]_assignments in the DB (not sure if this was really needed in this case though) and disabled the Polylang plugin. After going back to footers and re-saving, they started showing up again. Same for the headers. After enabling the Polylang plugin again to see if it was a one-time thing or really a plugin related issue, they once again disappeared after saving the header/footer. It didn’t matter how I assigned the headers/footers, to the entire site, individual (language related) pages, assignment by page language, etc. So it appears there’s some sort of incompatibility with the Polylang plugin?

It’s too bad that now I can’t have different footers for my various languages, but so be it. It’s not that big of a deal for now :smile: Hopefully it’s fixed in a new version of Pro (or perhaps you still have a good suggestion to get it working after all).

Anyway, thanks for your time!
-A very happy Pro/X user.

Hey @dix82,

We are glad you’ve figured out a way to resolve your issue.
Thank you very much for letting us know.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.