Headers and footers assigned but don't appear

Hello,
I’ve assigned a header and footer to the entire site but they don’t show up. The header and footer that appear instead seem to be those of a theme I installed through Design Cloud. I was just testing out that theme, but I no longer want it to pervade my website.

I’ve checked similar queries in the forum and tried some methods like refreshing the wp_option through PHPMyAdmin, I cleared the cache, but alas, my problem persists.

Would love your help on this. Thank you.

Website is: http://aleaf.ma

Hello @Delamour,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your site and it is currently displaying the default header and footer. If you already have created a custom header and footer, you may have not assigned the header/footer properly. Kindly go to Cornerstone > Settings > System and hit the “Clear Styling Cache” button. Afterwards, go to Cornerstone > Header Builder and edit your custom header. Make sure that the condition is set to “Entire Site”.

If the above suggestion has been done and the issue still exists, it is best that we log in to your site and check your site and header settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello dear @ruenel. Thank you for your quick response.
I have followed your steps but unfortunately, it still won’t work.

Capture d’écran 2021-10-03 à 11.33.34

I will add a secure note presently for you to access my website’s backend and solve the issue. Many thanks.

Hey @Delamour,

The issue is because of the priority. I have set it to 0 and now, the custom header is displaying.

Check your site now.

Dear @ruenel,
Thank you for your assistance. The header looks fine now (I mean, it’s just a draft).

I still need help with the footer, though. I cleared the cache and set the priority to 0, but it still won’t display. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong at this point. If you could please fix that too, it would be awesome.

Hi Zineb,

The custom footer shows up now, it seems clearing cache resolves the issue.

Cheers,

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your help @friech .

Hi Zineb,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

Hello guys,
I really don’t know what’s going on. I went back on Cornerstone to make some changes, and the header + footer disappeared again.
I cleared the cache in the settings + in my browser.
Still the same issue. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong and I’m afraid this is going to keep happening. Please help. Thank you! @friech

Capture d’écran 2021-10-04 à 19.23.47

Hi Zineb,

I have checked your site but didn’t find the issue you are facing. It might the cache is the reason behind your issue every time, I would suggest you deactivate all types of cache plugins and ask your Hosting Provider to temporarily deactivate the server-level cache to check if that resolves your issue.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.