Header settings & upgrade frustration

I’ve two reasons for writing this request:

  1. I’ve spent over two hours trying to sort what should be a simple adjustment to the Header
  2. I’ve had to back out the latest version of X theme and revert to a very old version because you’ve made X Theme MUCH harder to use. Where are the tutorials that explain this massive change?

If you visit www.henryandjoes.co.uk you wont see the site as I don;t want to display it (because its not complete) So here is a video of the problem - I dont think I’m unjustified in asking for a swift response.

Secondly in the old version of X Theme / Cornerstone I could easily add an element within and element - you’ve taken this away and left no intuitive path to do this. The new ‘content’ elements are so complicated, I spent half a day trying to figure it out and gave up - Where is the documentation!!!

I hope you can restore my faith in Themeco - I was a massive fan and advocate in as much as I built the site Salesorder.com really easily - but now you’ve gone backwards into the realms of other bad site builders…

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us and sorry for the issues you are facing.

1- Header settings on the newer versions of X work just as before, I can see you got it to work now by looking your page: http://www.henryandjoes.co.uk/location/, also when checking the page builder and I cannot replicate the issue. Did you find any CSS which was causing it? The block quote is also working, did this all got fixed when you reverted your X to an older version?

All these should not be happening on the newer version and they were not part of the known issues, unfortunately, we can just help you figure out what is wrong if you update X to the latest version.

You can find the new tutorials on our Knowledge Base https://theme.co/apex/forum/c/themeco/kb/

If you have a specific question we will gladly help you.

With the new version of Cornerstone, if you stick to the classic elements, few things have changed from the past versions.

I hope to restore your faith and I guarantee we are working hard to put everything back on the rails as it has always been.

Please contact us with specific questions and we will gladly be able to assist you in more detail.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.