Header primary particles & breadcrumbs

So I was under the impression that when a primary particle was used to show which menu item you were navigating to, (be it a TOPLINK or a SUBLINK within a drop down) that there would be a way to keep the particle active in an effort to show the user which section of the website they were currently looking at.

e.g. the menu item CONTACT (www.samplewebsite.com/contact) would animate on hover showing the primary particle but once within the page there is no indication you are in the contact page unless you put a title there as the menu no longer shows the TOPLINK as being activated.

This would really be a massive improvement and work much like most other navigation systems I have implemented and seen. Am I doing something glaringly wrong?

Hi Chris,

Can you provide your URL?

Can you clarify the issue, you want the page particle to be highlighted while are on the page?

Please let us know.

Thank you

I’d like to know how to do this too

you want the page particle to be highlighted while are on the page

Thanks

Hi There,

Active status for the current menu is not yet added as of the moment but it is on our roadmap. If the particle is added as interaction on the header builder, adding the active class using the following code will display the underlline in the current page also:

setInterval ( function(){ 

jQuery('.current-menu-item > a').addClass('x-active');
jQuery('.current-menu-item > a .x-particle').addClass('x-active');
jQuery('.current-page-parent > a, .current-menu-parent > a').addClass('x-active');
 }, 500 );

Hope it helps

1 Like