Header / Plugin issue

Hi,
i am using the plugin “post custom templates” for customizing the single post templates.

The Problem: When i choose to publish the header for “all posts” the header is not showing up. Only when i choose “default” layout.

How can i solve this?

The Project is running locally, so we cannot send you anything to take a look.
I have also contacted the developer of “post custom templates”.

Thanks,
cyrock

Hi Cyrock,

If you create a custom post template, please make sure that you have followed correct template codes so it can pick the correct header. Check templates under Framework folder on the theme. Unfortunately, it is on your local we can’t check the issue. Please also note that custom code is outside the scope of our support. As much as we always want to fixed it, there so many potentials issues that may arise.

I am sorry about not showing the site yet. This is what they wanted. I dont know what to insert there…any hint please?

regards
Cy.

Update:
That´s what they say:
“Contact the theme author. Tell them you need the html for the header and footer. PHP will not work. You need the generated HTML.”

Where can i find this?

regards,
Cy.

Hey Cy,

I’m sorry but I’m not familiar with the “post custom templates” plugin and what it needs. The generated HTML of any site, not just our theme is the frontend shortcode.

Please have the plugin developer view the frontend source code of your site as they’re the one who knows what they’re looking for.

Just as an example, I believe the Post Header code is the Entry Header. You can get the generated HTML in the source.

If the plugin developer couldn’t help, regretfully, you will need to hire a middle man who is familiar with the “post custom templates” and our themes.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Sorry, this is very weak.

…sorry, its not custom code. Its Your code and i cant find it.

Hello Cyrock,

Please understand that we are using template redirects for the headers and footers to be assigned to a post and pages. Your plugin, Custom Posts Template, is also using template redirects. This is the first time we have encounter this plugin. You may need to contact the creators of this plugin to give further investigation why their plugin does not include the custom header generated by the theme.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hello!
Ok, thanks for this… is there plugin you can recomment for this?

regards,
cyrock

Hey cyrock,

Regretfully, I don’t know an alternative plugin. I’d recommend customizing the theme directly. The instruction can be read here: https://theme.co/docs/best-practices

If you can wait, I’d recommend the Layout Builder.

Thanks.

Hi, thanks to all of you for taken this serious. THis sounds great, another big step for PRO!
When is the next release (beta)

Looking ahead
Cheers, Cyrock

Hi Cyrock,

Sorry but we can not provide ETA of the release, we’re beta testing a coming version but that is a maintenance release (bug fixes), no Layout Builder yet.

Cheers!

Hi,

f.y.i.

This is the answer – can we with this anyway? It would be great to have this as an Addon for PRO. The post-Layout is awful-ugly.

Thanks,
CyRock

"Hi,

The WordPress codex does have strict rules on how to build header and footer so the header and footer can be used by the theme and other plugins as well.

This is what we use to call the header and footer as the codex says:

https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_header/

_Anything else that the theme uses we cannot know about unless we build it custom for the specific theme and case. _

There are themes that do not follow the codex for some reason. That is why we offer those two fields I have sent you earlier. Paste there the html for the theme’s header and footer and it should work fine.

Best,
Stoyan"

Hello CyRock,

We do have get_header() and get_footer() in the theme. The problem is that there is the order of the template redirect from being loaded. Your plugin redirect were loaded last or first which is where the issue occurred. If there is an option for the plugin to load the template last/first then, the header/footer can be displayed. Please also understand that this is the first time we have encountered this plugin. We are not familiar with it. We will inform our developers about this.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.