Header not displaying in Cornerstone

Hello!

For some reason, in the Cornerstone admin I am unable to edit the header while seeing it. For example, I open a page to edit. I see the header and page contents. So, I click on the header and the system asks if I would like to go to the Header. I click YES and the home page contents are displayed but not the header.

However, on the right in the sidebar I see all the Header layers etc… so I have to edit “in the dark” basically. As far as assignments go, I have the header displaying on Entire Site but NOT home page.

Hope this makes sense.

Had you had a chance to assign that header to your site yet? I’ve forgotten and had this happen.

Yes, it’s showing here: https://littlehouseofmusic.com/about-lhom/
Click on the Home page and you’ll see it’s not displaying … this is fine. But my question is how do I edit the header when I can’t even see it in the admin?

Ah, okay. Yes, that’s outside of my wheelhouse.

There are other symptoms like this mentioned here and usually it involves server permissions or cache (sometimes with Cloudfare itself). Turning off plugins outside of what had been packaged with this theme can catch a conflict. Hopefully the real staff will come in with an answer if that doesn’t work.

Thank you but I didn’t say anything about Cloudflare. This is a newer site with very little plugins installed. I can go through the process of checking that but I think it’s a problem with a setting I’m not modifying correctly. I can provide access to the staff when you get help.

Just mentioned Cloudflare as a possibility: forgot to add a ‘?’. Is it a brand new installation of the theme? Could it still be unregistered? Definitely not familiar with the host being used, but would checking with them be possible in case it’s a permission thing? I have no pull with the staff, unfortunately.

We don’t have a permissions issue. It’s a user issue. Unfortunately, I’m not using the theme properly I believe:

• I have the template for the home page set to: Blank No Container, No Header, No Footer.
  • I have a header assigned to: entire site.

Is there another way to configure the theme to accomplish what I’m trying to do? It seems the builder is not liking this setup. I just don’t need to use the header on the home page. But I would like to use the builder to edit the header.

Is there someone else that could take a look please?

Thank you.

It can get pretty quiet here, so hopefully it will pick up later.

I don’t think that setup would in any way cause the symptoms you’re experiencing. But from the additional description you provided on the off chance this would help, the following:

I never access Cornerstone from the dashboard. Instead, I bring up a live preview of my site.

Under “Cornerstone” in the black top menu (where you’ll find “customize” and "add new/whatever your setup). I pull down the cornerstone menu and select “edit header”.

I’m always in certain post or page if there’s a concern with how it might look with that particular post/ page. That way, I’m mostly guaranteed that view when I’m editing the header. Just a warning: your Cornerstone views might not be exact and may differ again with admin and normal browser views. That part is probably something I had done, but others experience some of the same quirks.

Hey @webraven,

Thanks for reaching out!

In order for us to help you resolve your issue with the header, we need to check and investigate your backend settings. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thank you. I have supplied the secure note.

Hi @webraven,

I have checked and found that the Header can be editable while clicking on the Edit this Header from the page as you described. I would suggest you check once again and let us know if you are still facing the same issue.

NOTE: Please update the Pro to its latest version i.e. 6.3.9 and check if it resolves your problem.

Thanks

Hello!

That’s because I left the header assigned to the home page. I have just changed the template to NO HEADER for the home page. Now you can see the issue by:

1. Open ABOUT page in editor.
  2. Click on the header and choose YES.
  3. The system brings you to the home page and you will not see the header.

Yes, I’ve updated Pro to 6.3.9.

Please try the steps above and then you will see the issue. So the million dollar question:
What needs to be done in order to see the header while you edit the elements?

Thank you.

Hey @webraven,

I see your point in following your instructions, the reason why you can’t edit the header because your homepage was set to no header, and by default, the preview in the header is set to homepage. That being said, in order for you to edit the header, you need to set the preview of your header to another page. Please see the screenshot in the secure note for more information.

Hope that helps.

Hello!

I knew your incredible theme had a solution to this. I just didn’t know where to find it. Incredible. I love this theme and your support is fantastic!

Thanks!!!

Hey @webraven,

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.