Header jumping slightly to left on page load

A weird Header jumping slightly to left on page load after clicking a top menu item (on chrome and opera on windows) not showing same on mac :confused: can anyone help please?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try following the solutions below to isolate your issue and see if you can figure it out.

1. Remove all of your custom CSS rules added to the site temporarily and test your issue. Then remove your custom JS added to the site temporarily and test your issue.

2. If you’re using a child theme, try switching to your parent theme to see if your issue is related to your child theme customizations.

3. Finally you can disable your 3rd party plugins and test your issue to see if you’re experiencing a plugin conflict.

Note: If you’re using a caching plugin, always make sure to purge your server cache before testing for changes.

If none of the above solutions does not help, please provide us with the URL to your site to check your issue.

Thanks!

Hi thanks for reply, here is the url: www.rhubarbrecruitment.com
The issue only appears on windows machines :confused: and it only started yesterday.
thanks

Hi there,

I don’t see any jumping, would you mind providing a video recording? And what’s your screen size?

Thanks!

I have uploaded the video to youtube - you will see that each time i click the 'home ’ link when the page reloads, the top header sections jerks/jumps in a tiny little bit from the right to the left. the screen is a 15 inch notebook, but happens on bigger screens too. Only happens on windows operating systems.

See link here: https://youtu.be/EEAAB3mecEU

Hi @incacola_matt,

Thanks for the video. Now it is clear that it is the moving when loading.

I believe that it is not a bug or something that could cause negative to your site however if you want to fix this we’ll do our best to help you.

I could see redundancy of CSS codes.

First, check for CSS that causes this movement because Save or back up your CSS then remove it for testing.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

hi can you see anything in the code that may be causing this please?

Hi There,

This is not actually an issue, this is due to the scrollbar appears after page load which is not the issue with Mac. Only a few browsers in windows having the issue.
If you really want to remove the jumping, please add this following CSS to your Theme Option -> Global CSS

body, html {
  min-width: 900px;
}

This is a fix which may not be working but some casess it works.
hope this helps!

Thanks

I tried adding

body, html {
}

and also with the dot before body like below. But neither helped. Please can you look again at the code and tell me what may be the cause? thanks.

. body, html {
}

Sorry for the confusion.

The code should be

body, html {
  min-height: 900px;
}

Thanks

should i put a dot before the word body?

.body, html {
min-height: 900px;
}

this worked thanks :slight_smile:

Glad it worked.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.