Header issue (menu items opening in new window in stead of current window)

Hi Team,

Question. I created a website: www.jijenikopweg.nl On this website since yesterday, each time when you click a page in the menu of the header, the page opens in a new window, in stead of opening the page in the same current window).

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for reaching out.

On your menu page, please uncheck the option Open link in a new tab to each menus.

If the issue still persist, I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi Marc,

Have a great Christmas!

Tried to figure it out. It’s the menu in the header that ain’t working correctly. Last week it worked still great.
It would be great if you could have a look.

Hi Patrick,

It seems that the Link Target option did not check from the Screen Option tab, and that is why the Open in New Tab checkbox is not visible in each menu items. I check the Link Target option and found that the Open in New Tab checkbox is selected, I would recommend you to uncheck that to open the page in the same window.
Please find the screenshot describing the options.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.