Header Invisible in Cornerstone (Current Release)

Hi,

Inside Cornerstone, I cannot see any header that I attempt to open. I created a new header and get the same thing. Pages are working, so it’s strange.

It’s a new site so there are hardly any plugins. I disabled them all anyway and it still isn’t working.

I’m running version 6.3.7 of Pro and 6.3 of Wordpress.

Anyone else have this issue…or know a fix?

Thanks,

Rick…

Hello Rick,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concerns we need to check your setting, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

HI,

Yeah, I’ve tried all of the common issues. Still not working - and it’s a new, fresh site.

I left all the plugins disabled.

Thank you!

Rick…

Hello Rick,

The given credentials are not working for us. Please have it updated.
Meanwhile, if you are using a Blank Container - No Header page template on your homepage, normally when you load the header builder, nothing will display. You will have to assign a preview page when creating the custom header instead.

Best Regards.

Yeah, it isn’t that. I already have an existing header and I can’t even see it when I load it up. Something strange is going on.

Hello Rick,

It seems that the Coming Soon Page plugin is causing the issue. Please assign a post in the builder preview instead.

• See the secure note below.

Thanks.

Hi. Not sure what is happening, but that wasn’t the fix for me.

I deleted the Coming Soon plugin and opening a header file does not work (see below).

Just in case, I flushed the site cache on the server level AND disabled all plugins and it still won’t work.

??

Rick…

Hello Rick,

Please go to Cornerstone > Settings > System and hit the “Clear System Cache” button. By the way, this is what I have on my screen when I check your site. I do no have any issues when editing a header.

• See the secure note below.

Thanks.

Thank you for all your help on this one, but it is STILL not working. I cleared the Cornerstone cache and then cleared the cache on the server side as well. I still get the same result.

What I can’t figure out is why it would work for your login and not for mine…?

I suppose I could create a different user account to finish the site, but it’s bothering me. lol

Hey Rick,

It could be a browser issue too, try clearing your browser cache as well or try using another browser. I’d suggest you to use the Incognito mode of the browser to eliminate the cache or any other setting conflict.

Thanks!

Hi,

I’ve tried purging browser cache, incognito browser pages, and I’ve tried other browsers altogether. Still not working.

Rick…

I just tried creating a new user account. I logged in, cleared all cache levels and it STILL does not show me ANY headers when I attempt to edit or create one.

There’s GOT to be some setting I’m missing. I created the header, but after the update, I can’t edit it.

Please, help.

Hi Rick,

I have checked and found that the Post page is not set from Settings > Reading. I have created a Blog Page and set it to the Post and now the Headers are showing.

Thanks

Hi. It’s still not working.

In the Settings > Reading, it was set with a blog page (Blog) and I still could not see the headers when trying to edit them.

When I changed the Blog to be the Home page, I COULD then see the headers when editing…???

The problem is that this will be a one-page design, so there won’t be a blog.

Clearly this is a Cornerstone thing. It was working before the update and now it’s not. Pretty simple.

Is there a fix or workaround??

Hey Rick,

As we cannot replicate the issue on our end when checking your website, we cannot say that this is a bug. There could be some extension on your browser that conflicts with the header, I highly suggest that you disable them first and let see how it goes.

Hope that helps.

As I’ve said before here, it’s a new site, so ALL plugins/extensions are already disabled.

I did not say that it’s a bug, but there’s clearly an issue with the update, maybe a setting was changed somewhere, etc.

There is nothing but ordinary, standard Wordpress (latest) installed for this domain.

Hello Rick,

Please watch the Youtube in the secure note below.

Thanks.

Hi. I am at a total loss.

Thank you for the video, but I’m a long-time user. I know how headers work. Mine were working fine…until the updates to Wordpress and Pro. I’m not sure where the problem is.

I cannot duplicate what you did in the video. Not in Chrome, not in Firefox.

When I try and work with headers - of any kind - they disappear for me. Even live on a public URL.

I’m going to place a URL in a Secure Note. Please visit it and tell me if you see a header of any kind. There IS a header and it has a proper condition.

I’ll also have you log in with my login.

Rick…

Hey Rick,

Upon checking your header, there’s no content, please add content inside your header builder. On the other hand, on your homepage, the header is not visible because you’ve chosen the Blank - Container | No Header, Footer page template.

Please change the template to Blank - No Container | Header, Footer.

Hope that helps.

I was trying different things. That isn’t the issue (see attached).