Header / Footer issues

I am using the plugin “UltimiatelySocial” with the Xtheme. I reached out to the UltimatelySocial support team about an issue I am having with their plugin, but they consistently point me to the Theme.

I get an error message within their plugin settings that says this:

Error : Please fix your theme to make plugins work correctly. Go to the Theme Editor and insert the following string: <?php wp_head(); ?> Please enter it just before the following line of your header.php file:

Error: Please fix your theme to make plugins work correctly. Go to the Theme Editor and insert the following string as the first line of your theme’s footer.php file: <?php wp_footer(); ?>

Their developers say this to me: “Our plugin places most of our code & resources with wp_head() & wp_footer(). As your active theme is not using the theme’s standard header & footer WordPress hooks. You can try to fix it or please contact the theme’s support team.”

Can someone please help me with this! Thanks!

Hi There,

Yes, wp_footer() and wp_header() are wordpress standard hooks and of course the theme uses it. We can find those hooks on the following location:

wp-content\themes\x\framework\legacy\cranium\footers\views\global\_footer.php
wp-content\themes\x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global\_header.php

X theme is coded based on standards. Check in with the plugin author again and point theme to the correct location of the hooks.

Though I can see the Social Icons is showing on your site:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.