Header Elements - CSS class issues

I am working with Cornerstone and I am having some issues when creating custom CSS.

1. If I add custom CSS for the menu items to the header page, it doesn’t show in Cornerstone on the different breakpoints. I have to manually save the page and go to a browser to check if its worked. Is this a bug?

2. If I add a new element to the container, it seems to change the element CSS class number for existing elements, which then means my customer CSS is wrong. Is this a bug? If not, is there anyway to lock css classes in place so if I add or move elements the numbers don’t change?

Hello Ashley,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) If your custom CSS is for the header, you must edit the custom header and then attached your custom CSS to the header so that when you assign the header to any pages, your custom CSS will always work.

2.) Please do not use manual e1234-5 class. You will need to attach your custom CSS to the element as an inline element CSS. You can then use something like this:

$el {
  /* your styling */
}

If the above suggestion is not possible, you can always add a custom class to the element and then use that custom class for your custom CSS.

Hope this makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.