Header Display Messed Up While Editing and Animated GIF Issue

I am now creating a header on my third Pro site. I have run into an issue that did not occur previously. When I look at my header on the assigned page it looks correct. When I enter the Header Editor and l click Edit to edit the header the header becomes un-editable and looses its structure. That is part one of the issue. The second issue involves adding an animated GIF to the header. It is a signature that only loops once and I have selected the correct “full” image. The issue is it will only play once when the page (with the header) is visited. If you reload the page, the animation does not occur. I have added the same GIF to the body of the page and get the same result. Help - Jim

Concerning the messed up header editor display, I have found a conflict with the plugin Autoptimize. When I disable it, the header displays correctly in the editing window. That leaves how to get the GIF to play each time the page is visited. If I close the browser or visit another website and then reload the page, the GIF will play. If I visit another page on the Digido website and then return to the page or simply reload the page with the GIF it will not play.

Hi there,

For the plugin which you use, kindly go to its settings and turn off the minification function as the Pro does minify its assets already.

Regarding the GIF animation, it should work ok and is not related to the fact which it is added to the header or another part of the Wordpress. I searched the web and found out this article that may help:

Thank you.

Thank you for the reply. I already consulted the post you recommended an others and that is not the issue. I am using the correct GIF file and it plays once. It will not play after you leave the page (and stay on the website) and go back to the page. I want it to play each time I visit the page.

Jim

Regarding the GIF looping only once, it is not a theme issue. I’ve tested it with the default theme and it still only loops once. This would require custom development to achieve. Please contact a third party developer for this.

Thanks.