Header conflict with Cornerstone layout builder

Hi guys,

I’ve been having this problem for a while now, would be so grateful if someone could help address it as soon as possible. Here’s the original thread for reference: How to show default theme header when adding a archive layout

I’m using Cornerstone with Buddyboss Theme (Child theme). In the last thread, I was given some code to display the native header rather than the page builder header. This worked great, however, its causing a conflict that doesn’t let the layout builder load. Its strange because everything works great in the page builder, so there’s something not right in the layout builder.

It’s making editing layouts really challenging. I would be so grateful if there could be a fix rolled out for cornerstone that allows the standard WP header rather than having to build one manually.

Thanks for all of your support. Warm regards.
Kyle

Hi Kyle,

I would suggest you temporarily remove the code given and check if Layout Builder loads or not. If it’s loading, please let us know about it. If not, there might be some different reasons behind your issue. I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us recognize the reason.

1. Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Disabling Cache
  4. Disabling CDN
  5. Permalink

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi there,

Yes it loads without the header code.

Warm regards
Kyle

Hello @kylehill,

If you are still building the pages, we highly recommend that you temporarily remove the Header and Footer code so you can load the layout builder. You can put them back when you are done editing.

Best Regards.

Can do, hoping for a fix too as we have quite a lot of traffic coming from the layout pages so with no header it’s a little confusing.

Hello @kylehill,

We will forward your concern to our developers. In the meantime, we highly recommend that you clone your site to a staging site. You can do the troubleshooting and editing or building the pages in the staging site and then you can push the changes to the live site. This way, you will not be disrupting anything with your live site.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.