Header button not working properly on apple mobile

Hello!

Recently my client noticed that when she clicks on the “subscribe” button in the header menu, her apple mobile phone takes her to her home page - not her subscribe page.

The same “subscribe” button works fine and takes users to the subscribe page like it’s supposed to on both desktop and Android mobile view - but not on apple.

The site I’m referencing is notgoodenoughstuff.com

I can not figure out what could cause this? Please lmk.

Hey Cassidy,

Thanks for writing in!

Please edit your page and make sure that your link is correct. At the moment, I am seeing this:
https://example.com/subscribe healing of the soul

This is not a valid URL. It should like http://example.com/subscribe_healing_of_the_soul or http://example.com/subscribe-healing-of-the-soul. There should NOT be an empty space in link URLs.

Best Regards.

Hello,

Can you please clarify where you saw this messed up URL? It shows the URL as “subscribe-healing-of-the-soul” when I check the link, page, or in the Wordpress editor.

I didn’t even know it was possible for a link to have spaces - would that cause this problem?

Hi Cassidy,

I viewed the page source and it looked like this:

No. Spaces aren’t allowed in link URLS. That is actually the cause of your issue. Please edit your page and check the link URL of your Button element.

Cheers.

Hey @ruenel

Hmmm do you know what else could cause it to appear without spaces? As I said before I already checked the backend. I have attached screenshots. The page URL has “-”'s. The “button” in question is a navigation button using our mobile menu. It is attached to the same page.

Again, not sure what’s causing this :’(

Hi Cassidy,

I have checked your website in Online Testing tools and didn’t find the issue you are describing here. Can you please mention the device, browser version, and also operating system you are using, that helps us to replicate the issue at our end?

Thanks

@tristup

Hey Tristup, I actually mentioned all of that in the initial posting.

This is happening on apple mobile devices - so safari I’m assuming. (My client says she has checked it on multiple different apple phones)

The reason I contact you is that it is working properly on both desktop AND on android mobile. So I do not believe this is a setup issue, or it would have affected the android mobile version as well.

I have no idea what could cause a mobile navigation button to work fine on android, but not work on mobile. Please let me know what you think could be happening! Need to get this fixed asap.

Thank you.

Hey Cassidy,

The issues lies within your Button element on the page. Double check the link URL in your “Subscribe” button in your homepage. If nothing is helping, can you please provide us your WP log in details so we can investigate the issue further? You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey @ruenel

As shown in the screenshots I provided above, I have already checked the link. If there is somewhere else I can check it from please lmk.

I am waiting on permission from my client to provide you access. I will add a secure note when I have it.

Hey Cassidy,

Please check the video in the secure note so that you will know which button and link URL I am referring.

Cheers.

Hey @ Runel,

Thank you so much for the video explaining the exact element you were speaking of - I was 100% sure that the issue was with the navigation button and it never even crossed my mind to check the other button element.

Obviously, the URL for the button was missing the “-”'s, and now that that’s fixed it’s working fine.

Thank you for all your help!!

You are most welcome, Cassidy.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.