Header Breaks after Pro 6 Update

Hi,

I have 2 sites.

both sites have the same issue.

My header bars which should go sticky with scroll broke when updated to 6.0.1

Now the stick bar is separated from the top and later hidden behind.

this is what it looks like one you enter site.

this is what it looks like once you scroll down and back up.

this is what it looks like when bar gets behind.

Hey @rvence,

Firstly, we kindly ask to not update your live site without testing new versions of Pro and even 3rd party plugins in a staging copy of your live site. This is a best practice in owning a website.

If you have a backup of your site, please revert to the last backup when your site has no issues. If you don’t have a backup, download and install the previous version from your Themeco Dashboard > License

If it’s OK to investigate in your live site (note that we might disable plugins so this will disturb your site users), please kindly do the troubleshooting steps below and tell us if one of the step works.

1. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  2. Child Theme
  3. Css/Js Customization

Then, give us the following info in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for your advice.

I did disable all plugins and still had the same behavior. Also there’s no child theme installed.

I deleted all CSS/JS customization for testing but now difference.

Hey @rvence,

Please revert back to Pro 5.1.5 while we are investigating the issue. And then, in your staging site, you can update that to the new version Pro 6.0.1. You can give us the WP access to your staging URL so we can check it. It is important that you use a staging site to prevent issue issues or conflict or even the live site will be working at all. You only update the live site if you are 100% sure that the new update is working.

If you are not familiar in creating a staging site, please check out this simple steps:

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel

I’m sorry but my site is quite large and so difficult to have a staging site.

If I revert back to 5.1.5 I’ll not be able to test or upgrade.

Please advice if you still want me to roll back.

Thanks

Hi again.

For now i just disabled the sticky bar and the problem is gone. that way you can take your time to diagnose the issue.

Hey @rvence,

I have now replicated the issue on my test site, so this looks like a bug. I’ll post this in our issue tracker so this will be queued for further investigation by our development team.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.

This issue will be fixed in 6.0.2.

thanks in advanced

1 Like

You are most welcome, @rvence.

Hi, Just want to confirm that update 6.0.2 have resolved my issue.

thanks again.

Don’t mention it @rvence.
Feel free to create another if you need any other assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.