Header assignment does not get saved

Hello,

On our website, we have a default header. Per specific page, we override that with a different header via assignments and priority.

Recently, we can’t override the default header. When we add extra assignment(specific page) to a header, the header does get removed from the option “cornerstone_header_assignments”. So the default header is still visible instead of our custom header.

I’ve temporarily patched the issue by assigning the correct header ID with the specific page ID manually in the database.

Debug information:

• pro theme: 4.3.3
  • wp-rocket page cache: 3.9.0.5
  • redis object cache
  • WPML: 4.4.10

Take care,

Aytac

Hi Aytac,

Thanks for reaching out.
That might be a problem with the Priority, the Priority comes into play if you have two assets that might potentially overlap in some instances. In such cases, the layout/header/footer with the lowest priority will be used.

Please check if that is the reason behind your issue. If that is not the case, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– Specific Headers where you are having this issue
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hello,

We played with the priority, but that didn’t matter.

FYI, I updated the previous post with a secure note.

Take care,

Aytac

Hi Aytac,

I have checked your site and found the issue of assigning the Header as described in your previous post. There might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Theme Update related issue
3.Child Theme Related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization
4.Disabling Cache

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

NOTE: Please let us know if the current site is your staging server, so we can start troubleshooting it.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.