Having trouble with background visibility

I am trying to make border patterns down the left and right sides of page. I have a wide (1920px) and short (180px) image that I tried to use as a background and tile vertically to make the borders. But I can not even get any image to to become visible as a global background.
I tried using the background image in the “page” settings. Also tried using the “Layout & Design” options in the customizer. But nothing changes. I am using Renew stack but I tried Integrity and still no change.
Seems like this should be easy, what I am doing wrong?

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Maybe something is covering it, like another background color from child element? Please provide your site’s URL and I’ll check it :slight_smile:

Plus, it may not look okay since the layout is responsive but your background has fixed dimension, it may shrink or expand.

Thanks!

http://turquoiseprimarycare.com/

i have the background image with left/right border set currently but do not see it.
Regarding background dimension; it should just fit width of entire window (whatever size that makes image), and then be repeated vertically.

hope to hear back soon as my deadline is fast approaching.
Thanks very much.

Hi There,

You can not use the Background Image or Background Pattern option that way, please remove it.

Apply your background image via custom CSS instead.

body.home {
	background-image: url(http://turquoiseprimarycare.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/background-pattern.jpg);
    background-repeat: repeat-y;
    background-size: 100%;
}

.site, .x-site {background-color: transparent;}

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

1 Like

Another thing; I see a lot of <font> tag on your markup where it should not be there.

screenshot

Common reason for that is you did not close one or couple of your </font> tag, please review your content and make sure all your HTML tags are closed. This seems to be a minor issue but it may hunt you in the future.

I strongly advice that you refrain from using the <font> tag because that is Not Supported in HTML5.

Instead, you can navigate to Theme Options > Typography if you want to change the BODY FONT COLOR.

Thanks,

Thanks very much, that worked.

oh, thanks for pointing that out!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile: