Having trouble uploading to site

I tried to upload the full X theme zip file. It seems when I am getting a message " the uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filessize directive in php.ini. Can you help me on how to fix this?

Mary

I see this error almost every time that I install the theme in GoDaddy cPanel. I’m sure other hosting sites have the same issue, as they limit these settings by default. If you are using cPanel, follow these steps:

  1. Login to your cPanel account with your username/pw.

  2. In the Main cPanel page, search or scroll to “Select PHP Version” and click on it.

  3. As of this reply, the latest php version GoDaddy supports is 7.1. I suggest using it if you are setting up a new site. (Just choose 7.1 in pull-down and click “Save as Current” (WARNING: Do not do this unless this is a new site - you can break your old site if you don’t check it first - outside the scope of this reply for sure ;-))

  4. On the right of this PHP Version screen, click the “Switch to PHP Options” link.

  5. On the Options screen, you will see a number of settings. Change the following by click on the number (right side - you can edit even though it doesn’t look like it) and updating:
    max_execution_time: 300
    memory_limit: 128M
    post_max_size: 128M
    upload_max_filesize: 128M

  6. Click at the bottom and try to reload the theme. You should be good.

I have included a couple of screen shots. If you are having this problem and not in GoDaddy, you can also try to include or edit the php.ini file that is generally in the root directory. Just search for php.ini in the File Manager of your account.

Hope that helps,
Joe


2 Likes

Hi there,

Please kindly contact your hosting service provider and ask them to increase the file upload limit from their side. They will help you our regarding this.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Thank you for your detailed answer and helping to improve our community.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for this. Great help!!!

1 Like

You’re most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.