Having Problems with PRO Cornerstone saving CSS

Hey there,

I’ve read the threads numerous times covering this but still can’t get it fixed and it’s a constant recurring problem for one of my domains across multiple pages. I’ll include access info privately so you can test yourself.

This site is run through WPEngine and Cloudflare. I don’t think WPEngine caches for logged in users (I could be wrong here). And I set up Cloudflare with a Page Rule:

My issue is that for a page that’s already built, I’ll add or update my CSS and click save, I then get a “Successful Save” message. When I refresh my Cornerstone editor page, the CSS is gone. Even testing the live page to see if my CSS stuck and checking the <style id="cornerstone-custom-page-css" type="text/css"></style> tag which confirms that the CSS didn’t save.

I’ve tried:

  • clearing my local cache
  • using a different browser (firefox instead of chrome)
  • using incognito mode in Chrome and Privacy mode in Firefox
  • Added page rule to Cloudflare

It happens on multiple pages too. My workaround is to add CSS to my child theme and use a class specific to the page ID so it only gets used on this page, but that’s a pain!

Thanks!
Matt

Hi Matt,

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

alright, I tested for conflict and found that Yoast SEO is the culprit! This stinks because I use Yoast on literally every client site I have. Any ideas why Yoast would cause issues? Should I get with them to see if they can find a fix?

I’ve tested using Yoast SEO in my test site and it does not cause any issue. This tells us that there is something in your overall setup causing the issue. Try contacting your host to clear all caches and also clear your browser cache after that again. Also contact them to learn how to reset file permissions.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.