Having an issue with facebook field in user profile

Hey. When I use the Author shortcode on my pages, it’s adding a ‘Facebook’ bit in green at the top. However, there is no Facebook option on the User DB profile, though there are a bunch of other social profiles. After checking with WPMUDEV support they suggested that it might be created by the theme (X Pro), yet my understanding previous to this point was that the facebook and other options on the Customizer are related to the site itself and not the individual Authors.

Regardless, there is no Facebook option on the User DB profile, which leads me to wonder, was this scripted into the V from a previous plugin?

Can this be clarified? Is this issue an X-Theme one or a plugin?

here ist he example page --> https://intothemythica.com/awakening-to-a-new-world/

Notice that where it says ‘Yeshua Lucis’ there is a green facebook option, yet when I go to the Author User profile, there is no facebook option. There is, however, this -->

does this have anything to do with X?

Hey @Peter_Fae,

I checked my test site and X and Pro does have a Facebook field. It looks like a third party plugin or customization is overriding your user settings.

Please remove customizations and deactivate plugins one by one to see what is causing the issue.

Thanks.

I did that. I removed all CSS customizations, went to X Pro normal, deactivated all plugins, and still the issue remains.

It’s like something adjusted the database. Yet I’m not sure what or how.

Suggestions?

Hey There,

The default social field in WordPress is Facebook, Twitter and GooglePlus. In your site, it is different. It seems that it has been removed and replaced with another one. This can be cause by a 3rd party plugin or by a custom code which was added in your child theme’s functions.php file. Could you please disable UserPro plugin? I have a hunched that this one is adding this new social fields in the user account. If possible, please also send us the contents of your functions.php file.

Thank you in advance.

See that’s the thing. I not only disabled the UserPro plugin, I removed it entirely. Only recently, as in, last night did I reinstall the UserPro plugin in effort to discover what had changed the fields. It made no sense to me that the fields remained changed even though I removed the plugin.

Here is the contents of my functions.php file -

<?php

// =============================================================================
// FUNCTIONS.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Overwrite or add your own custom functions to Pro in this file.
// =============================================================================

// =============================================================================
// TABLE OF CONTENTS
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   01. Enqueue Parent Stylesheet
//   02. Additional Functions
// =============================================================================

// Enqueue Parent Stylesheet
// =============================================================================

add_filter( 'x_enqueue_parent_stylesheet', '__return_true' );



// Additional Functions
// =============================================================================



// Add Social Sharing and Link to Donations Page at bottom of all posts

add_action( 'x_before_the_content_end', 'x_print_social', 999 );
function x_print_social(){
	if(is_singular( 'post' )){
		echo do_shortcode('[share title="Share the Magick!" facebook="true" twitter="true" google_plus="true" linkedin="true" pinterest="true" reddit="true" email="true"]');
		echo '<p style="text-align:center"><a href="https://intothemythica.com/donate/">LIKE THIS ARTICLE? WANT TO HELP CHANGE THE WORLD? CLICK TO DONATE TO THE MYTHICA! </a>';
	}
}


// Add Author at bottom of all posts

function add_author() { 
if(is_singular('post')){
   $author_id =  get_the_author_meta('ID');  
   echo do_shortcode('[author title="About the Author" author_id="'.$author_id.'"]');
}
}
add_action( 'x_before_the_content_end', 'add_author', 10 );

(this is from the child theme, of course)

Hi there,

Unfortunately, we cannot be of a help on this matter as the X theme does not have any role in this matter. You need to contact the plugin developer and ask them about the details.

The only thing that I can think of is that it might be lingering transient cache that might cause the issue from the previous customization. I suggest that you install the plugin below and clear your database transient:

We do not have any additional suggestions regarding the issue you are facing.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hey Christopher. I absolutely understand the distinction of when X is or is not related to an issue. I am simply in the process of figuring out what is causing this, such that I can correct it. I appreciate the recommendation on the transient cleaner. My knowledge of Wordpress grows exponentially. Thank You again.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.