Have you updated your Google Analytics plugin to work with Google Analytics V4?

Hi, I’m just wondering if you’ve updated your Google Analytics plugin to work with Google Analytics V4? I’ve entered the Google Analytics ID code into your plugin but it doesn’t seem to be working - do I need to leave it for a certain amount of time for it to sync up? I’ve tried using Google Site Kit but keeping getting a 403 error message when trying to connect to Analytics!

Thanks

Hello @core365,

Thanks for writing to us.

The current version of the Google Analytics plugin is 3.0.2. Please have a look at our version compatibility page for more information. It might be any plugin conflict issue. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If none of those work, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi @prakash_s,

I think there is something wrong with your Google Analytics plugin, as I deactivated it and added in the Global Site Tag Script in the functions.php and it’s working. I’ve checked it in the Google account and it’s tracking it correctly. This has happened on several sites, so I know it’s not a conflict, unless it’s a conflict with your own Pro theme!

Do you know when you will fix the issue with your plugin?

Thanks

Hi @core365,

Thank you for the info, can you provide us the step you take to say that the Google Analytics plugin is not working, so we can try to test it on our end and see the issue first hand and what causes it.

Please note that if you’re a login user and looking on your site, it will not output the Google Analytics script on the frontend to avoid unnecessary hits. If you need to test it, please test it as not a login user.

Cheers,

Hi @friech,

All that’s needed for your Google Analytics plugin to work is the Google Analytics ID which I put in and selected the position to ‘Head’. It didn’t work, it wasn’t tracking and that was after I’d left it for over 1 day. I then put the Global Site Tag Script in the functions.php and it’s working.

Unfortunately I can’t keep trying out your plugin to see if it works as it will mess up the tracking and our client wont be happy with that! I’ve read on previous posts in the forum that other people had the same problem with your plugin.

Thanks

Hi @core365,

I would suggest you use Google’s official WordPress plugin named Site Kit instead of the Google Analytics bundled plugin as it hasn’t been updated to work with the latest offering of Google Analytics.

Thanks

Hi @tristup,

Thanks for confirming your plugin hasn’t been updated to work with the latest version of Google Analytics, that’s all I wanted to find out!

Thanks

Hi @core365,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.