Have one license, need to revoke a few times over the next few days. Will this be flagged as inappropriate?

I have one X theme license (standard, not pro). Last week I have revoked and changed my two URLs for my license a few times. I am going to need to do this again this week. I just wanted to check in advance this wouldn’t flag up as unusual activity and lead to my license being revoked. If you want to know why I have to do this please look at the detailed explanation below (please don’t try and suggest better ways of doing things, there may be but my mind is made up :slight_smile: but thanks anyway!). Can I do this, or should I buy another license so I can have two testing environments (one local, one on a Cloudways staging URL, the third on a Cloudways live URL, and I guess a spare one…?)

Thanks, and MASSIVE apologies for the length of this.

I did the messing around and creation of my home page locally using MAMP. I used my staging authorisation license for this. I had never moved this to my live GoDaddy server. That did have an X theme license attached to it, but was a different (really bad!) website, and this had my live license attached to it. I recently moved my hosting from GoDaddy to Cloudways. Hence I had to transfer my staging and live licenses to the new URLs, last week. So now everything is on Cloudways, and a local MAMP server.

I was planning on recreating the work I had done locally on MAMP from scratch using cornerstone, and screenshots I took. This was a stupid idea, as I can’t see what fonts I had used and other issues.

What I would like to do is revoke my live license on Cloudways, then use my two licenses for 1) my local MAMP install and 2) Cloudways staging environment, and manually recreate the work I have on the MAMP local install on the Cloudways staging server. I cannot directly transfer it (i’ve tried for days and it just isn’t happening) and also as the work I had done was based on a full install of the Church demo I would prefer to start from scratch to reduce the size of the live build.

Then I want to revoke my license on my local MAMP license, and go to the permanent set up of staging and live on cloudways, and not use MAMP anymore (Cloudways is so much faster than Godaddy I don’t need to!). Hence the need to revoke and change the licensed URLs a number of times this week.

Hey there,

You can change the URLs anytime but 1 license allows only for 1 live site and 1 staging so for your case, you need to buy another license.

Please see the Allowed Usage section at https://theme.co/apex/terms for more details.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. So I can’t have my staging as MAMP, live as cloudways staging. Then once I’ve done the transfer change at the same time to go to cloudways staging and cloudways live on one license?

At no point do I want to have two simultaneous staging or live environments.

Actually doesn’t this bit from this post 10 days ago mean that I can do this?

“in WordPress, you only need one license to validate it. If in your setup, (domain.com/site1, domain.com/site2) has each separate WP installation, then you will be needing separate license to have them validate at the same time. You can always revoke and revalidate each site one at a time if you only have one license though.”

If the problem is that I am changing what in the end be my Cloudways staging, from staging to live, do the copy, then back to staging again, I could comply with that previous post by doing the following: delete my existing cloudways staging server and create a new one. Then I would have
A) Current situation - staging: Cloudways old staging, live: existing Cloudways live (drdreducation.com). I change to
B) staging: MAMP local, live: new Cloudways staging URL. Do the transfer, abandon MAMP forever, and change to my permanent set up of
C) staging: new Cloudways staging URL, live: existing Cloudways live (drdreducation.com).

And failing all of that surely I can change my staging environment back to MAMP, write down on paper or take screenshots of the settings, then change the staging environment back to Cloudways. Without touching live at all?

Actually I’m going to buy another licence, and transfer my Cloudways to that, and use the old license for my local build so I can continue to mess around and learn in that without affecting my actual test/live site.

Thanks for letting us know

Each license can validate one development and one live site.

Hope it helps