Have a button on my homepage link to another page on my website

Hello.

I am having trouble linking buttons on my home page to another page on my website.

For simplicity sake, we will call my website Moneymaker.com

WHAT I NEED TO ACCOMPLISH:

On the homepage in the content area, I discuss my services and have a button for each service. Each button needs to link to another page in my website.

More Information:

I need the button in my home content to link to the Stock Education page.

Note, the Stock Education Page is a sub item under services in my navigation bar.

More Specifically:
Navigation Bar – Home , About , Services, Contact

Under Services there is a drop down to another page called Stock Education.

WHAT I TRIED:

On the Stock Education page, I added an ID of Stockeducation (no #)
On my homepage, I clicked the button that is the link to my Stock Education page and in the link section typed http://Moneymaker.com# Stockeducation.

What did I do incorrectly? Can you please tell me what I need to do step by step since I am not a web developer?
Visuals are also of great help to me.

Thank you,
Karen V.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

You are linking to the wrong page. The button link that links to another page should have this link:
http://moneymaker.com/stock-education/

And if you want to display the section of the page directly, you will have it like this:
http://moneymaker.com/stock-education/#Stockeducation
assuming that you added Stockeducation ID in one of your sections.

Please also keep in mind that the stock-education is the page slug. I am not sure if this is correct or not since I do know if you set pretty permalinks or not. For more details about page slugs, please check this:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Pages#Changing_the_URL_of_Your_Pages

And for the pretty permalinks, please check this:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks

Hope this helps.

Hello RueNel,

My button links now work! Thank you so much for the help as well as the pretty permalink tip.

Best,
Karen V.

Glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.