Hamburger Menus Are Skewed Across All My Sites

Hi @christian_y

I think you might be confusing things…?

Per Lely’s latest comment above - in the screenshot it is suggesting an EM measurement for the Burger Toggle.

Also, my response isn’t specific to the Instagram browser issue - I mentioned that because of the previous issues we’ve had with EM measurements for Burger Toggles. I’m focussed on resolving the current issue at hand.

Regarding the issue at hand (the skewed rendering of Burger Toggles in some Chrome browsers) - do you need me to do anything to assist in the investigation and resolution?

FYI - Device model is latest Google Chrome browser.

Also to note, I have responded already to Lely’s comment you have shown above. That option doesn’t resolve the issue in its entirety.

To re-confirm the issue:
My chrome browser (and Danny’s and Lely’s per above) are rendering a skewed Burger Toggle for some reason across all Pro sites (managed or not managed by the relevant user). This skewing does not take place on mobile - only the Chrome Browser that has used Pro to develop websites.

@Lely - what do you mean by:

Thanks
Sam

Hey Sam,

Sorry if my reply confuses you but no, I’m not confusing things.

Yes, I knew this and this doesn’t work like the other thread I mentioned and this is why I suggested using a PX unit instead of EM.

Yes, that’s why I mentioned that Chrome in your device behaves like Instagram and FB browser so the PX unit might work also.

This is not required but might be handy if we know the device model. Google Chrome is a browser. The device model is something like Lenovo 510 laptop like what Lely has.

Yes, it doesn’t but it at least made the burger a little bit better. I just highlighted that the unit used in the code is PX.

We’re currently investigating this issue with Lely as she’s the only one who could replicate this. That is what she meant by:

Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.

Thank @christian_y , but I’ve already advised previously in this thread that I’m already using PX measurements for my Burger Toggles - and still have the issue - per above screenshots for Callery Building. Thus why it was somewhat confusing, and kind of going round in circles a little.

Apologies, the device model I’m using is:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
MacOS Mojave (Version 10.14.5 (18F132))

Yep, already using PX measurements, and still have the issue on the Chrome Browser.

Thanks for continuing to investigate, and let me know if you need me to do anything further. More than happy to help, to get this resolved.

Thanks
Sam

Hi Sam,

I am sorry for the confusion.

Yes, on my previous suggestion using EM, I forgot the fact that when we adjust it to a value that is perfect on your screen and mine, means it will be too small on others. Using PX, we have found out that the difference is not as much as using EM unit but yes, generally the difference is still unacceptable.

We do understand this is a vital concern and we are trying to fixed on next cycle. We’re still sorry for the incovenience, but at the moment, using PX is the available temporary solution. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.