Gutenberg isn't loading

Hello,

When I click anything to do with Gutenberg I’m met with a blank wordpress page.

I’ve not had a chance to explore it yet due to it not working, so far I’ve enabled it on our test site rather than our live website.

Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for the info!

I can see the issue in your site. This seems to be due to several reason.

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If you could please try the above and if you still have the issue we’d be more than happy to assist.
Thanks!

Thanks for all of the suggestions Basanta but I still seem to be having issues with it

Hi,

I was able to replicate the issue on my test site.

I will forward this to our web development team for review.

For the mean time please check the link below

Thanks

Thank you Paul

That answer does not help much when customers like to use Gutenberg’s very clean code for their future Blog Posts and Custom post types, instead of using the Page Builders abilities and its additional codes. Meanwhile DIVI, Beaver, Elementor, Oxygen and other major Page Builders are working on integrating Gutenberg into the workflow, so why is the same not also possible with Gutenberg and Pro?

In fact in the future Gutenberg will be THE Editor of WordPress and all others will be more or less obsolete and for a pretty simple reason that is also a good move by WordPress to run their own Post and Page Builder as an integrated system will always be more compliant with regulations and future code developments than an asset like any other page builder.

1 Like

Hey @hannahlincoln,

I switched to Pro parent theme and Gutenberg worked in your test site. The issue is in your child theme and this was outlined in @basanta’s list of possible solutions.

@LisAndi,

I personally have tested Gutenberg previously and I have also tested it again both in my site and in @hannahlincoln’s site and it works. It’s also stated in our Gutenberg FAQ. Please review it.

Also discussed in the Gutenberg FAQ is you are free to choose to use Gutenberg or any other page builders.

Please also avoid discussing about competing products as outlined in our Community Guidelines.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.